Doctors or Nurses Connection

• stout93
    Becker MN

Currently we have 23 inpatient Covid patients. 18 of them are non vaccinated. Covid patients make up about 20% of our inpatient census and about 50% of our ICU census.

Not ideal I guess, but thought the ratio would be much worse..

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

So the hospitals are full and people are still dying BUT they still have no readily available treatment to address covid in the early stages because the vaccine makes too many powerful people so much money. Somebody needs to go down for this.

CaptainMusky

So the hospitals are full and people are still dying BUT they still have no readily available treatment to address covid in the early stages because the vaccine makes too many powerful people so much money. Somebody needs to go down for this.

Starting with Fauci.

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>

Starting with Fauci.

I wonder how much Pfizer, J&J and Moderna are paying him and the CDC and FDA?

pass0047
    Pool4

Are you saying that because these 3 companies are making vaccines none of the other companies are trying to make treatments??
    It takes along time to develop new treatments in medicine. God for bid if they hurry it along and then everyone claim its experiential and I don’t want to be a lab rat.

Alot of new treatments coming out soon and monoclonal antibody treatment is already helping lot of people.

I have a sister who works for big pharm and she told me most of government funding went for project light speed and not much for treatment.
    I do believe that falls on the congress and executive branch.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I have a sister who works for big pharm and she told me most of government funding went for project light speed and not much for treatment.
    I do believe that falls on the congress and executive branch.

100%

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

went for project light speed

I think it was called Warp Speed. Minor detail.

Pfizer is developing an oral anti-viral drug. Its currently in clinical stage trials.

tornadochaser

based on my observations from working in 5 different hospitals in the past 3 months, we should probably be mandating weight loss.

The amount of bariatric equipped rooms being added to remodels, additions, and new construction hospitals is insane. A hospital I worked on in 2003 had 1 bariatric room per floor. Now for their new addition, every patient room they are adding is bariatric.

I’m unvaccinated, but 100% understand that vaccinated people are occupying less hospital beds. That’s a fact. I’ll also take an educated guess and say that 70% or more of hospitalized covid patients are overweight if not obese.

Oh…and hospital HVAC systems can be some of the dirtiest nastiest systems in institutional settings. Nothing like garbage cans full of used masks parked right next to return air registers.

MnPat1

based on my observations from working in 5 different hospitals in the past 3 months, we should probably be mandating weight loss.

I agree 100%
    Everyone wants a pill or a shot when all they need is a good diet and exercise. Obesity is the real pandemic. Every person I know who suffered severely from covid are obese.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

The amount of bariatric equipped rooms being added to remodels, additions, and new construction hospitals is insane. A hospital I worked on in 2003 had 1 bariatric room per floor. Now for their new addition, every patient room they are adding is bariatric.

This is absolutely true! And probably the biggest factor to having serious complications when getting it. Same with kids.

Deuces

I’ll take a cold hard slow painful death before you take my hostess cupcakes from me.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’ll take a cold hard slow painful death before you take my hostess cupcakes from me.

I used to think that way about twinkies but somehow broke the spell. I miss them just writing this.

Deuces

Ever since I saw the movie UHF the twinkie never looked the same for me. bawling

I’d say Oatmeal creme pies to also be on the guilty pleasure list but with the obvious heart health benefits of oatmeal they certainly don’t qualify.

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

“based on my observations from working in 5 different hospitals in the past 3 months, we should probably be mandating weight loss.”

I wonder how that would go if you asked a question about obesity and covid at the daily briefing. Seems like you can’t post links here anymore (?) but there is data out there from the NIH and other sources that looks at this.

Cherry picked from NIH article:

Studies show that certain common medical conditions put people at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19. These include metabolic disorders like type 2 diabetes and obesity, as well as heart conditions like high blood pressure (hypertension) and heart failure. People with these four conditions are more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19…

Based on this data, the model calculated the percentage of COVID-19 hospitalizations that could have been prevented without these four underlying conditions. Results were published in the Journal of the American Heart Association on February 25, 2021.

The researchers estimated that more than 900,000 COVID-19 hospitalizations occurred through November 2020. Based on their model, 30% of these hospitalizations were attributable to obesity, 26% to hypertension, 21% to diabetes, and 12% to heart failure. These people would still have been infected with COVID-19, but likely would not have been sick enough to need hospitalization…

More than one of these conditions are often present in the same person. The model also estimated hospitalizations due to different combinations. The numbers weren’t simply additive. In total, 64% of the hospitalizations might have been prevented if not for the four conditions…

This research further highlights the burden of heart and metabolic diseases in the U.S. Almost 3 in 4 U.S. adults is overweight or obese. Nearly half of people have prediabetes or diabetes.

Viewing 14 posts - 91 through 104 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.