DIY epoxy garage / shop floor coatings

• Walleye Hungry

what would you say is an average cost for a 3 car garage? do you have any suggestions on what to do with pitted floors? We have a few areas that a nickle or two would fit in. The floor is starting to be an eye sore for me but certainly isnt that bad, yet.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

what would you say is an average cost for a 3 car garage? do you have any suggestions on what to do with pitted floors? We have a few areas that a nickle or two would fit in. The floor is starting to be an eye sore for me but certainly isnt that bad, yet.

There is many different patching products that work. Last one I used was on cbmn garage and it was a epoxy that cured hard as a rock and then I ground it down flush before cleaning

Attachments:
    1. 20230715_122540-scaled.jpg

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

So what do you guys use to get oil/stains out of a regular old concrete garage floor?

I use cheap clay kitty litter and Tide laundry soap put on dry use my shoes to work it in or stiff brush let it sit a good time work in some more and wash down. It works for Nascar pits it works good enough in my garage.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

So has anyone here priced this out recently to have hired and done – per foot?

I know I know not every job is the same, but we have a year old garage with no cracks or issues. Assuming prep is minimal compared to most jobs…?

Our 3 car garage is around 960 sq ft.

Browndog
    Omaha, NE

I know I know not every job is the same, but we have a year old garage with no cracks or issues. Assuming prep is minimal compared to most jobs…?

We had ours done for right around $3k. They did not use traditional epoxy but something else (drawing a blank) that is supposedly 3 times stronger. Not sure if it is a sales pitch or not, but it did come with a 15 year warranty.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

It’s pretty common for companies to charge 8 to 12 bucks per square foot. That’s a actual company coming in. I’d guess 6k on the low side. Depending who you use.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

We had ours done for right around $3k. They did not use traditional epoxy but something else (drawing a blank) that is supposedly 3 times stronger. Not sure if it is a sales pitch or not, but it did come with a 15 year warranty.
    [/quote]

How many square foot ?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I had mine done May 2022. 3 car garage for the house that I bought (not sure of the sq footage). I had it done before I moved any stuff into the garage. Whole lot easier to do it without moving items out of the garage for a few days.

I paid $4500 for everything. The house was built in 1998 and still had the original garage floor. No cracks or pits, but definitely had oil stains. I was told that most of my fee was due to prep work. It has a 20 year warranty. I am glad I had it done. I plan to live here until I retire so it was worth getting done for me.

Mine is a polyurea coating, not epoxy. Was told it was more durable than epoxy and bonds better. Maybe that’s what Browndog is referring to.

Browndog
    Omaha, NE

How many square foot ?
    [/quote]

Not sure…it is a 2.5 car garage if that helps? The one stall is 32′ deep.

Browndog
    Omaha, NE

It seems to be a good prodcut, but Bearcat is right on the prep. If you cut corners here and there the finished product will suffer. Bearcats finished floor looks great.

Attachments:
    1. Finished-garage-floor.jpg

CBMN
    North Metro

I did my detached garage myself 2 years ago with the Rustoleum kit but it was a one year old slab with no contamination so prep work was considerably less. I had Bearcat do my attached garage this year because it is 30 years old and needed a lot more prep work. I’m really happy with the way both turned out. I spent enough time cleaning out the garage it was well worth the cost to get the extra prep work done as the whole floor was cleaned, spill and rough spots were ground down, the whole floor was scuffed with scotchbrite, then commercial degreaser and the washed and etched. I didn’t add any grit to either floor so they are really easy to clean and I have not found them any more slippery that the previous concrete floor.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_5269.jpeg

2. IMG_5271.jpeg

CBMN
    North Metro

Detached garage was just washed and etched and not nearly as much prep required. It was also only a year old so it didn’t take as much effort to empty and clean.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_3573.jpeg

2. IMG_3574.jpeg

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.