Direct tie to lure or quick snap swivel

• THOMAS FLAHERTY

When Walleye fishing how important is it to tie directly to a lure I have seen it both ways. I use mostly larger lures and change often and would change more if I was not tying all of the time

With a jig or lure that is designed for specific orientation or profile, tying directly can be important. A snap introduces more degrees of freedom and can allow lures a wider variety of motions, rattles and enticement. Some lures will foul easier on a snap. It’s a give n take choice.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I always tie direct. I do this to keep fresh line on everytime I switch lures. This is for open water fishing.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

6 to one, half dozen to the other. I like quick clips for ice fishing as I tend to try more jigs. Summer I usually tie direct to the jig. If you are talking non-jig baits, I will usually use a quick snap.

THOMAS FLAHERTY

I am the same, I only questioned my method due to some fanatics that tying on was the only way to go. Unless I need to check the angle of my tie spot to get an affect I am clipping in and changing often until I get the results I am looking for.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.