Dick's sporting Goods

• igotone

Dick’s Sporting Goods reports $150 million in lost sales after halting assault-weapons sales..

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Ya ya ya, so what? If they go under would anybody even notice?

munchy
    NULL

Dicks Sporting Goods Clothes would not be missed by me.

ajw

A mere 1.7% of their revenue lost. Don’t get your hopes up quite yet. I’ll just continue to not shop there

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’ve never been to dicks before but I’m not anti either. I could really care less about selling assault weapons or not. Why would you want to buy guns from big box stores any ways? I buy all mine from a smaller gun shop and get more personal treatment

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

It’s not that they won’t sell guns. All the NRA zealots perceive anybody who makes a gun decision they don’t like as being “anti”.

basseyes

It’s not that they won’t sell guns. All the NRA zealots perceive anybody who makes a gun decision they don’t like as being “anti”.

Goes for both sides, curb anything and you’re anti “it”, whatever that “it” is.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

I don’t mind Dicks. Don’t buy a lot of hunting fishing items except one their flash sales but do enjoy the clothing and golf supplies, good for sunglasses and shoes too. Would hate to see them go under.

ajw

Can we please stop calling semiautomatic guns assault weapons? So stupid.

B-man

I’ve only been into one a couple times. Terribly disappointed in their selection.

(A joke below)

Cabela’s sells AR’s because they’re not DICKS…. mrgreen

Tom Anastasi

I don’t hate DICKS.
    Fishing selection is mediocre but no store has what I would consider a comprehensive selection.

I applaud them for standing up for something they believe in- even in the face of financial loss

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Who cares really anyways. Besides anti gun people. Pretty sure you dont find them here

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

My buddy just told me out of all the stores dicks gave him his best deal on his helix 7. So I guess I might stop by and look.

Karry Kyllo

I’ll still shop at Dick’s. I agree with their decision.

walleye216

Pretty sensitive there. Not PC enough for you?

eyefishwalleye
    Central MN

Well… Assault IS a verb or a noun, not an adjective, so yea…

glenn57
    cold spring mn

You mean this??

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20180312_131324345.jpg

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Sorry to see the whole thing you need to click the picture.

Tom Anastasi

Isn’t this what we’re taking about?

Attachments:
    1. a-fly-killing-shotgun-exists-it-shoots-table-salt-buy-24429004.png

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I want to get one of them Tom! Before they are banned!!

Ahren Wagner
    Northern ND-MN

Here’s a funny sign, think you might like it.

Attachments:
    1. CrossRoads-pawn-sign.jpg

toothyfish

I don’t hate DICKS.
    Fishing selection is mediocre but no store has what I would consider a comprehensive selection.

I applaud them for standing up for something they believe in- even in the face of financial loss

This is actually the third time they’ve announced they are stopping selling these guns. The first time they pulled this PR move after a mass shooting they shifted the sales to the Field and Stream stores. Apparently the first time must have seen a spike in sales because they then made a second announcement a year or so later after another mass shooting I believe, but it turned out they were just doing it in a few stores. Then they made a third announcement a few months after that. I think they’re finally experiencing financial loss because it became painfully obvious that Dick’s doesn’t actually have any sort of moral stance against guns, they just wanted to exploit some tragedies for financial gain by virtue signalling.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

I wonder if KMART AND SEARS lost sales and going down because they didn’t sell guns.
    Pretty petty to keep pounding a dead horse because of a decision made beyond the control of one’s dislike. What? this is the 4th thread about dicks.

Tom Anastasi

” I think they’re finally experiencing financial loss because it became painfully obvious that Dick’s doesn’t actually have any sort of moral stance against guns, they just wanted to exploit some tragedies for financial gain by virtue signalling.”

Read that again.
    Do u really believe DICKS missed out on 150 million dollars worth of yoga pants and Jordans because people believe what you have stated here, and are taking a stand?

mikek
    Brainerd-Mille Lacs

OK. I don’t like Dick’s.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I shop at dicks just because it happens to be the most convenient sporting goods store near me. They have a pretty good or relatively good selection of tackle. They certainly carry everything I need.

More recently I discovered a smaller gear and tackle shop. They are closer. But that’s a smaller selection. And some times Dicks is still more convenient because it’s located near stores like Home Depot when I am doing my running for weekend work.

I’m not making my life more difficult just because they don’t sell AR-15s.

I still think it was a dumb move. I think it motivates more people that used to patronize you than it does people who never shopped there, although you do get free advertising for a while.

Deleted

I think it’s all a corporate raider ploy. Get the company to go bankrupt with dumb policy. Buy up the real estate and assets for pennies on the dollar thru the bankruptcy trustee and then reopen it as a new sporting /camping store With zero debt. Screw all your employees and customers in the process but then claim “this isn’t the original store, we can’t honor your lost wages, useless gift cards, etc…”

This is how the rich get super rich.

I won’t patronize any anti constitution businesses.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

I hated the store before they made the big decision, but they always had great clearance on shotgun ammo in January. They suck even more now and I won’t go there. moon

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Does everyone feel better now?

toothyfish

” I think they’re finally experiencing financial loss because it became painfully obvious that Dick’s doesn’t actually have any sort of moral stance against guns, they just wanted to exploit some tragedies for financial gain by virtue signalling.”

Read that again.
    Do u really believe DICKS missed out on 150 million dollars worth of yoga pants and Jordans because people believe what you have stated here, and are taking a stand?

The first 2 times they used this shameless PR stunt they probably saw an increase in sales from the “woke” crowd. The third time they tried releasing a big announcement for the exact same thing I believe the people who fell for it the first 2 times finally realized Dicks was exploiting their emotions following a tragedy. This is the first time I’ve seen anyone claim they lost money due to these PR stunts so it stands to reason that it worked the first 2 times.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.