Dh and tuned up vs Thorne bros rods

• Brett Ford

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Brett Ford wrote:</div>
    Can you make any comparisons of the gill seeker to any TB or TUCR rods?

Soft tip, incredible backbone. The painted tip of the DH is really nice. To be completely honest with you, I have a 26″ Thorne rod that I THINK is a Quiverstick, but I’m not sure. I bought the rod so long ago that I forgot what it is and they don’t label them…It’s pretty comparable with just a touch more back to it.

I do not own any <em class=”ido-tag-em”>panfish TUCR rods, can’t compare.

I labeled all my TB rods for that reason haha. The quiverstick has a pretty thin tip section (thinnest I’ve seen on any carbon blank) and is a fast action, same backbone as the panfish sweetheart…just with a sanded down/lighter tip and quicker action.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Just ask Thorne Brothers to put the name on it when you have them make you a stick.

Gilgetter

I think all three stores are right in the metro area.

Brett Ford

Yes they are…Dh Custom Rods-Wayzata, Thorne Bros-Blaine and Tuned Up Custom Rods-Coon Rapids

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Gilgetter wrote:</div>

Yes they are…Dh Custom Rods-Wayzata, Thorne Bros-Blaine and Tuned Up Custom Rods-Coon Rapids

DH is located in Navarre.

Brett Ford

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Brett Ford wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Gilgetter wrote:</div>

DH is located in Navarre.

Address is for Wayzata…3445 shoreline dr Wayzata, MN 55391

It’s not like the two cities are multiple towns away from each other.

Brett Ford

Update: for anyone that may have been following this…

I found the time to stop into TUCR, was able to talk to John and Ken and brought my Thorne bros rods to compare in person at the store. Obviously just comparing in store can only tell you so much. But for what it’s worth…here’s what we were able to figure out.

Tucr Precision noodle- lighter feeling tip than the Thorne bros power noodle and also has a quicker and nicer overall action in my opinion.

Tucr Bullwhip- no real fair comparison, feels great in the hand.

Tucr Fusion- lighter tip then I expected, it falls right in between the Thorne bros quiverstick and panfish sweetheart with a bit slower action. It definitely feels good in the hand.

Tucr Quicktip- hard to compare with how fast it’s action is, but the tip feels just a touch lighter than the Thorne bros panfish sweetheart with a much much faster action and stronger feeling backbone…but that could feel that way mainly due to the extra fast action. Feels awesome in the hand and with what I currently have, John recommended it as it fits into the area I was looking to add to and it’s the most different rod they offer compared to what I have.

Zachary Farrow

Just wanted to give a little input here even though it’s an old subject. I’ve only ran the DH stuff but got a few seasons with it. The gillseeker has been my go to this season, I find it be perfect when it’s loaded up with a 5mm tungsten and a plastic. It’s got the perfect “pop” in the tip of the rod but you can feel everything going on down there and have 100% control but I’ve only taken it the mid 20s w mono line. If you go much heavier though, it gets pretty spongy. Which then I grab the perch pounder. Ultimately I feel this rod is best matched up to the no4 slab raps and no3 ripping raps. It handles spoons nicely up to 1/8oz but after that it seems once again to loose it’s “pop” and gets a little spongy. Both rods I’ve played with have had mono on them, i need to try braid, but the sensitivity is amazing. If it’s too cold or I’m on a finicky bite I’ll grab the Al dente noodle and 4m tungsten to see the bite. Incredible dead stick rod too, a small minnow can get that tip dancing quite well. I’m sure you’ve already came to a conclusion yourself, but hope the input helps someone.

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.