Dewalt 20V 9.0 AH Battery

• troutbum
    St. Paul

I am curious if anyone has used this battery for their auger? I want to know if the extra weight is worth it?

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

I guess it depends on what exactly are you gaining by going with a 9AH verses (2) 5AH batteries?

I fish solo, so I’m only drilling holes for myself. Drilling a 6 inch hole thru 10-14 inches of ice, I get enough holes for me before running out of juice with a 5AH battery. I do carry a second 5AH in the sled as a backup but rarely if ever have needed it.
    For me, I already have several 5AH batteries and see no need to purchase anything different.

troutbum
    St. Paul

Im jumping from gas to electric. Im green to how these batteries behave in the cold and have no idea if the 9AH would drill that much faster than a 5AH. Just looking for some legitimate feedback from users. I agree, the 5AH battery seems like the sweet spot for weight, power, and longevity.

garragelogic
    Wayzata, MN

No need for the 9ah in my opinion. I have 5ah, 6ah, and 9ah batteries and I haven’t seen a need to use anything greater than the 5ah. I use my K-Drill in my permanent and portable and carry 2 batteries, but have yet to drain one in a day. I will never own a gas auger again!

404 ERROR
    MN

I use the 5AH for my 6″ Nils and it’s great. Going to use it next weekend on ML with my 8″ Nils to see how it works. At this point, I don’t see a need for a 9AH battery. However, my brother has one of the Milwaukee 9AH batteries and he loves it.

Rod Bent

Troutbum the 9ah will drill more holes but not drill faster. The aH means amp hours which means you get more time on a charge…

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

I have the 5ah,i drill a fair amount of holes never have gone to the second one.I have a 6inch lazer on the drill.I stop using after 15-16 inches of ice.Then it’s time for the jiffy.Drilled 15-20 holes last sun. through 12-14 inches still had all 3 led’s lit on the batt.gauge.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.