Devils lake in March?

• Jeffa

Panning a trip to devils lake on the 19th of March. Multiple part question. The big name services are filled up, any suggestions other than perch patrol and perch eyes. As a rookie to DL can we do the “bait shop/community hole” approach. Or is it just to much on our? Your thoughts and experiences would be appreciated.

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

You can try Aaron McQuiod out of Minnewaukan, ND for a guide service.

I would set up a guide for the first day and go from there. Once you get a feel for the body of water you should be able to use that info to form a good game plan. Don’t be afraid to ask questions in the bait shop too, they can be a wealth of knowledge sometimes.

Good luck and have fun!

Captainbrad
    Red River of the North

Big John is a good guy. You won’t find a guide who works harder to stay on fish.

Jonathan Dordal

That completely depends on your knowledge and experience in ice fishing along with what game fish you’re chasing. DL is not your “conventional” lake. Walleye are a little tougher on DL as the spots are less talked about. I have never done well based on any bait shop reports. Every day of limits I’ve had out there has been off the beaten path going off on my own which can be a bit intimidating on that lake. As for finding a perch bite, all of those 60-90 foot mud flats were pretty productive and the bait shop/community forums are fairly reliable. Just my two cents.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.