Devils Lake

• busse3775
    Fargo, ND

Any recent fishing/ice reports from the Devils Lake area? Heading out there next weekend with a portable and may take a wheeler if need be.

dogs
    Hugo

If going on the west side call JJ’s Bait

muskiefever
    North Metro

Fished all weekend. Morning walleye bite was very good, a few perch mixed in as well. Midday perch bite was decent, overall size of fish varied. A lot of smaller perch with a few 12-14″ in the mix. I will be out this weekend as well.

busse3775
    Fargo, ND

Thanks for the update!

fasteddy

Was out with a group of guys Friday & Saturday. Targeted a smaller lake on Friday for walleyes and the fishing was fabulous. Hit Devils Lake on Saturday for perch. Much slower day that produced a fair number of perch but overall size was small. Dozen or so small walleyes also.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_06721.jpg

busse3775
    Fargo, ND

Wow, those are some nice eyes. Good catch! I’m hoping to find some of the schools of perch Saturday and Sunday.

busse3775
    Fargo, ND

Spent the weekend fishing Devils Lake and what a beautiful weekend it was.
    Day 1: My dad and I left Fargo early early Saturday morning and got set up for the morning walleye bite in Black Tiger Bay in 15-18 feet. Caught a couple eyes but only ended up keeping one. From there we set out searching for perch in East Devils, which was pretty tough. Couldn’t find any schools, only loner perch which was somewhat odd to me. Moved at least 10 times and drilled 50 in East Devils and ranged in depth from 20′ to 45′ with only a couple perch and eyes to show for it. Decided to head to far East Devils around noon on Saturday and it was a small city out there. There were people every where and the Perch Patrol guides were driving everywhere in search of the schools. Didn’t seem like many people were having much luck in the bigger groups so we decided to go out on our own and fish in the 35′-40′ range. Did happen to get on a decent school that was actually aggressive and picked up 15 perch in about 20 minutes before they left and we couldn’t find them again. Went back to Black Tiger Bay for the evening walleye bite because I have done well there quite a few times and again did not have much luck. Ended day 1 with 15 nice perch and 4 walleyes.

Day 2: We decided to go straight back to far East Devils and search for perch Sunday morning again. The warmer weather really helped us stay mobile because we did not have to set the house up every time we moved, which was ALOT. We moved 5 or 6 times before we set up in another spot that was roughly 30′. We were just about ready to leave after ten minutes of not marking a thing and a large school of aggressive perch moved in and it was lights out! For the next half hour it was one after another and the best thing about it was there was no one even close to us! We ended up catching around 50+ perch in the time and kept 30. Finally all our hard work payed off! The school ended up leaving and we couldn’t find them again so we moved several other times. Around 1:00pm we decided to head to Stump since it was on the way home and we wanted to check it out. We moved half a dozen times on the lake and put a 17″ walleye topside and that was it. Was surprised that there weren’t many people out there. Over the two days we moved countless times and stayed very mobile and drilled 100+ holes but in the end it payed off in the end. Overall, it was a fun and gorgeous weekend spent on Devils Lake and already looking forward to heading back out!

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2112.jpg

2. IMG_2108.jpg

3. IMG_2092.jpg

Brandon Buchholz
    WI

Im headed to the west side and staying at West Bay Resort in early February. Any advice for this side of the lake by the resort or should I head elsewhere. Looking for eyes and perch. Will be my first time headed to Devils. Thanks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.