Depth finder Interference

• Lamar Carpenter

I have a Minnkota trolling motor with I-polit. when I run it My Lowrance hook depth finder stops reading. I have different batteries for each, but I do have an onboard charging system hooked to all. I unhooked the charging system but still have interference . Would love any help , thanks Lamar

mojogunter

Are you using the transducer on the trolling motor for the Lowrance, or a different transducer? If a different transducer where is that mounted?

I have a Minnkota trolling motor with I-polit. when I run it My Lowrance hook depth finder stops reading. I have different batteries for each, but I do have an onboard charging system hooked to all. I unhooked the charging system but still have interference . Would love any help , thanks Lamar

Lamar Carpenter

no transducer on the trolling motor. It’s on the back of the boat

mojogunter

I don’t know what would cause that if the transducer is that far away. I had a humminbird that humminbird sent out a filter to eliminate interference. Does the Lowrance just get filled with clutter on the screen or not work at all? Have you tried to turn on any filters? I haven’t owned a Lowrance in 20 years, so I can’t be much help with that, but I know both my Garmin’s and Humminbird’s do have filters in the setup that may help if there is interference. You may need a Lowrance guy to help you with those settings. One thing I can think of, I know you said the trolling motor and locator are running on different batteries. I would wire the Lowrance directly to the battery, and try it. After you try that, if the problem is still there try turning on filters. Like noise rejection.

Lamar Carpenter

clutter on the screen mostly that you can’t see through

Ripjiggen

Filter your noise rejection setting.

Lamar Carpenter

I was told by Minn Kota to add ferrite toroids to the power cables and that would stop it. they are made for noise filtering. Time to experiment lol

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.