A picture is worth a thousand words…..

Attachments:
    1. 28709.jpeg

munchy
    NULL

No thank you. I’d rather stay home.

Tom Albrecht
    Eau Claire

It was pretty obnoxious. The first and probably the last time I do that.

loonswail
    Ankeny, IA

And the Head Mistress for the ‘School of Walleyes’ was heard to say… “Class, keep your mouths SHUT!!”………

WinnebagoViking
    Inactive

At the moment, it’s really the only open water option in the area. Winnebago still has 20” of ice. The Wolf & Fox are above flood stage and there’s still some significant ice moving. Another week and people will be able to spread out to other locations.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

Nothing attractive about fishing like that to me at all… But I guess it is better than staying home…. sure wouldn’t catch me traveling for it.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Even if all those other boats had Bikini clad hotties handing out free shots, I’d pass.

JK, I’d be right in the middle. woot

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

Wow. I understand people chomping at the bit after this hellacious winter, but how is that any fun?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Not much different then pool 4 on a real busy day.

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

Maybe its the P4 in me, but this doesn’t seem that bad to be honest.

P4 can be much much worse.

shockers
    Rochester

What Evan and Bearcat said.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Reminds me of Archery hunting at Camp Ripley Mn a few years ago , once was enough for me .

DWSDave31
    Southern WI

So glad I backed off on the idea of traveling to go fish that madhouse lol People get plain NUTTY for that spring open water… hah

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

In two weeks, it will be a 1/3rd of that. Need a weekend or two of the massive bumper boats to make people go “no thanks”. Same every year.

al-wichman
    SE Wisconsin

I used to go and fight with the crowds there and Pool 4. Nowadays, not so much. I stopped going for a few reasons. First and foremost is I actually had a guy throwing rocks and whatever else he had laying in his boat at us, because we were setup in his “spot” before he got there. Second is my new boat cost a hell of a lot more then the old Lund I used to have. I didn’t mind playing bumper boats with the old girl.

I’m lucky in that I live in Port Washington which has some really good brown trout fishing all year. So if I get to jonesing bad enough for open water I can go putting around inside the break wall for browns.

EW6

I know we all want to say we have it the worst, but I fish pool 4 all the time and in my opinion it is never as bad over that large of area as this pic. Sure lots of boats. But they are pretty spread out with the exception of a few spots on either side of the river up by the dam.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

If all those other boats had Bikini clad hotties handing out free shots, I’d pass.woot

I’m in your boat! ???

JK, I’d be right in the middle too with my zoom lense.

mike e

No wonder water levels are so high with all that displacement going on!

Buckeye1

I was there the day of the pic. That was by far the most crowded day I have seen there in 12 years of fishing there. We did catch a bunch of fish though.

Kirk Charipar
    west central wi

We were there that weekend too, fishing from shore at Voyager Park. First time we had ever been there; so it was kind of a reconix mission for future visits! I’ve played bumper boats on Pool 8 of the Mississippi- in an area the size of a football field????

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.