ALBIA BUCK

• clay
    Kansas City, Mo

The world record buck was in Ankeny Iowa this past weekend. All I can say is WOW! They had city cops checking everyone out to make sure no cameras, cell phones and any video taping equipment got through the door.

The dad and son were there to answer any questions you might have. Really nice people. Congrats to the boy.

Did anyone else get a chance to see that MONSTER?

nubbinbuck

Not sure if you have seen the supposed trail cam shots, but after seeing the deer, was it one in the same??

nubbinbuck

Not sure if you have seen the supposed trail cam shots, but after seeing the deer, was it one in the same??

clay
    Kansas City, Mo

The trail cam pictures are from 2 years ago (I think). It has gotten a lot bigger. They said it had 38 points. 2 drop tines on the left side and 1 on the right if I can remember correctly. The dad actually shot it during shot gun season, but only grazed the right shoulder. The boy who shot it, gut shot it and it took until noon the next day to find it. Went about 200 yards the dad said.

clay
    Kansas City, Mo

The trail cam pictures are from 2 years ago (I think). It has gotten a lot bigger. They said it had 38 points. 2 drop tines on the left side and 1 on the right if I can remember correctly. The dad actually shot it during shot gun season, but only grazed the right shoulder. The boy who shot it, gut shot it and it took until noon the next day to find it. Went about 200 yards the dad said.

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Where can the “real” picture of this buck be seen? I heard the first ones that went around were fake??

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Where can the “real” picture of this buck be seen? I heard the first ones that went around were fake??

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

The first picture by Steve Plantz here is the right deer, but from two years ago.

Rumor has it that when the sheds were found and scored as a would-be record, they’d overestimated its age. The trail cam pics are from when he was only 3 years old or so (notice no sloping to the back, he’s a young deer for sure in those pictures). I can’t wait to start seeing pictures – they should surface next month after North American Whitetail has their story out.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

The first picture by Steve Plantz here is the right deer, but from two years ago.

Rumor has it that when the sheds were found and scored as a would-be record, they’d overestimated its age. The trail cam pics are from when he was only 3 years old or so (notice no sloping to the back, he’s a young deer for sure in those pictures). I can’t wait to start seeing pictures – they should surface next month after North American Whitetail has their story out.

clay
    Kansas City, Mo

It will be in the January and February issue of the magazine.

clay
    Kansas City, Mo

It will be in the January and February issue of the magazine.

SpinnerDave
    S.E. Iowa

Go to iowawhitetail.com to check out the trail cam pics and story .

SpinnerDave
    S.E. Iowa

Go to iowawhitetail.com to check out the trail cam pics and story .

jerad
    Otranto, IA/Hager City, WI

i had the opportunity to see this buck in person at larry zach’s studio last friday…man is it impressive…the left antlers base has to be 12 inches around…its liek that drop time comes right off of the base…i also didnt expect the search and metal detectors but hey i would want it too…it was sure nice of the family to give people a chance to see it….i cant wait to see the harvest photos

jerad
    Otranto, IA/Hager City, WI

i had the opportunity to see this buck in person at larry zach’s studio last friday…man is it impressive…the left antlers base has to be 12 inches around…its liek that drop time comes right off of the base…i also didnt expect the search and metal detectors but hey i would want it too…it was sure nice of the family to give people a chance to see it….i cant wait to see the harvest photos

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

I have not seen it yet but I heard today that the story on this buck is in the current issue of North American Whitetail.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

I have not seen it yet but I heard today that the story on this buck is in the current issue of North American Whitetail.

birdhunter88
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

The magazine Iowa Game and Fish has a story about the buck and some pictures also…. wow what a rack

birdhunter88
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

The magazine Iowa Game and Fish has a story about the buck and some pictures also…. wow what a rack

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

The rack (IMO) does not look as good as it did in the trail cam pictures. It’s gigantic, but not really attractive this year.

There were some people stirring the pot over on iowawhitetail about the story. I haven’t read it yet (been sitting on the dining room table for three days while I’m out shopping and working), but I guess there was a group of guys who had the entire area wired with trailcams that were checked daily, and said the article makes it out to be somewhat of a turkey shoot.

Personally, I think any time a buck like that gets taken, it’s far from easy. Congrats to the kid & his family.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

The rack (IMO) does not look as good as it did in the trail cam pictures. It’s gigantic, but not really attractive this year.

There were some people stirring the pot over on iowawhitetail about the story. I haven’t read it yet (been sitting on the dining room table for three days while I’m out shopping and working), but I guess there was a group of guys who had the entire area wired with trailcams that were checked daily, and said the article makes it out to be somewhat of a turkey shoot.

Personally, I think any time a buck like that gets taken, it’s far from easy. Congrats to the kid & his family.

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

is this the one?? haven’t seen the article so i’m not sure. looks authentic

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

is this the one?? haven’t seen the article so i’m not sure. looks authentic

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Gianni,
    Is this the issue that the story is in?

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Gianni,
    Is this the issue that the story is in?

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Jake where did you find the pic?

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Jake where did you find the pic?

birdhunter88
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Steve, That is not the issue that you showed a picture of… the story is in the Jan 2004 issue. There is a picture of the Albia Buck right on the front cover hanging from a fence post.

bird

birdhunter88
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Steve, That is not the issue that you showed a picture of… the story is in the Jan 2004 issue. There is a picture of the Albia Buck right on the front cover hanging from a fence post.

bird

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.