WI state wide rifle?

• c_hof
    New Richmond, WI

From what I can tell, this has been approved and will take effect in 2014 unless the WI legislature acts to approve it yet this year. Do I understand that correctly? Has there been any action on this lately?

I can’t seem to find a straight answer.

abster71
    crawford county WI

Not sure what you have in ? what about the state wide rifle your asking? Confused.

c_hof
    New Richmond, WI

I can’t find a straight answer on whether or not it has been approved for 2013. The regs for 2013 say something like state wide rifle “may” be in effect for this season. Apparently the legislature needed to take action to get it approved for this year, otherwise it starts next year. I can’t find anything recent to tell me if they did approve it for this year or not. Does anyone know?

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Keep in mind that townships can still put in place ordinances to restrict what size/type of firearm.

barebackjack
    New Prague, MN.

http://dnr.wi.gov/files/PDF/pubs/wm/WM0431.pdf

Look towards the top of page 5.
    What’s new in 2013
    • The coyote season no longer closes in the northern portion of Wisconsin during the gun
    deer season.
    • There are now expanded opportunities for hunting and trapping in state parks. See page
    40 for additional information.
    • Baiting and feeding deer is no longer allowed in Washington County. See page 32 for
    more information.
    • Rifles may be allowed statewide for hunting deer during the 9-day November gun deer
    and the 4-day December antlerless gun deer season (subject to local ordinances that
    restrict use of certain firearms). At the time of publication, this rule change had not
    completed the legislative review process. Contact the DNR in early fall for additional
    information about the status of this change.

c_hof
    New Richmond, WI

In case anyone was wondering, there was an article in the New Richmond news this week by a DNR Warden that confirmed that the legislative review is complete and state-wide rifle will be the regulation for 2013. Although, as stated, individual municipalities can still have their own regulations so you have to check with the local township.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.