Filled my tag!

• thegun
    mn

Got me a nice little doe tonight.. after a season with very little time spent in the woods and really no desire to go I opted to climb the hill behind the house and try to get a deer for the freezer since the walleyes weren’t biting on Pepin yet!!

I set up near a property line that I cant hunt on the other side, but they have a nice corn patch and I have watched the deer out my back window for the past few nights.. They come out of a draw head for the corn and then cross the fence and come down the hill to feed on the bottoms..

I got in a tree close enough I could see the field and at about 4:15 3 small does come out head in the corn and they eat a bit before coming right towards me.. They jump the fence and come within 25 yards..

I let one rip.. Hitting a perfect heart shot. she ran about 15 yards and dropped,,

shes just a little girl but will make some fine eats and the best part was my daughter came out and helped me field dress and drag her back to the house..

No tag sandwich for this guy

Life is good

Sharon
    SE Metro

Awesome! And how cool that your daughter helped to field dress and drag! Gotta love that!

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Congrats! Way to go.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Not that I don’t belive you, but where is the picture?

Congrats on a late season trophy. I figure any deer taken this time of year is a real trophy. Tough hunting in 5 degree weather.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.