waiting game

• protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

Shot a big doe this morning right at shooting time. 22 yard shot and im pretty sure I drilled her. She ran off with her fawn and I lost her at about 65 yards. I didn’t hear her fall and couldn’t tell if it was her or her fawn that ran off. But a fawn has been circling the area and went in that direction of the doe but never spooked…im gonna get down at 9 to check the arrow, glass to see if I can see her dead but if not, im gonna come back at noon

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

The fawn has come by me 3 times now. She keeps grunting also. That’s a good sign

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

My guess is DOA. The few does I have shot that had a fawn with did the exact same thing when not spooked. Congrats on the doe!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Let us know!! It’s 9:12….

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

My guess is she is down for good. I have had fawns do the same.

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

I got down at about 8:45 to go and check my arrow. Good blood splatter on the leaves and 25 yards from there, she was laying I don’t know why i didn’t hear her crash, and there must have been another deer that ran off Probably one of the best shots i’ve made

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Very cool!! I’ve only Xed a heart one time. That buck died 45 yards from point of impact.

Congrats!!

todders
    Shoreview, MN

Nice shot! It is always a bit sad when that scenario happens but life will go on. Congrats on a nice doe protour , you seem to be having steady action this season. Keep up the good work !

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.