ratteling!

• redneck
    Rosemount

Just my opinion but kind of sounds like a gimmic or a fad to me. I can tie on a different weight jig in a few seconds–alot faster than I could change those heads out. I would rather spend my money on quality jigs in several sizes—but I have missed out on a few trends that have taken off over the years.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Seems like a great idea, but one that would be difficult to make work well. It’s something that could be especially useful on the river, where I’m often using different jigs on different spots … or even fishing different pieces of the same spot with different heads. Again, though, I think it would be tough to make the idea work well … and if they cost a lot more I wouldn’t bother anyway as jigs get snagged/lost all the time. I’ll be interested to hear from people who have tried them!

mrwalleye
    MN

Tried a sample of them last year and they suck in the river,

the lead comes off to easy if you get snagged even just a little bit.

I burned through the pack I got in a few minutes,

the hooks could be a little better also.

and good luck changing them with cold hands.

Its a good idea. just not that practical for most situations

just my 2cents

mitch_otto

What has worked for everyone? How long if a fight do you usually do? How long if wait in between? Have never rattled before so anything will help! Thanks!

lucas_zemlicka
    Montana

I usually rattle only a short time…maybe 10 or 15 seconds. I have had serveral times where I have rattled longer and a buck showed up in bow range and I still have the antlers in my hand.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Jump on youtube and search for whitetail bucks fighting. The most common thing you will see is the fight goes in very short durations. Pretty rare that bucks will go fast and hard for a long time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.