Spitting!?

• mitch_otto

So I’ve been hearing this noise lately that sounds like a deer spitting! It’s not coming from a spooked deer! I’ve heard it come from bucks and does and just wondering if anyone else has heard this noise an d what it means?

mitch_otto

It kinda sounds like that but longer distance in between about a or spits! There were two small bucks around last night and 5 does when this was happening! Idk!

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

I think i heard this opening night w/ two bucks that fought 6 times. One buck did it 10 yards from the stand and to me, it sounded like a quiet-less intimidating snort wheeze

coppertop
    Central MN

Funny, I have been hearing that too on EVERY sit. Sometimes I hear them before I see them. I have seen them up close do it and from what I can make of it is that they’re blowing a quick burst of air out their nostrils. I’ve heard this plenty other years too but nothing compared to this. Only thing I can think of is that it has to do with the extreme dry conditions. Maybe dust or pollen giving them grief? Some sits I’ve heard it as many as 10 times.

zo43
    Cannon Falls, MN

Fall allergies! Their a bigger! Had to post big bro!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.