My Buck!

• mitch_otto

Well guys its not to exciting of a story, but heres how it happened! I got in My stand at about 430 which was a little later than i like to get out! As I sat down i heard some rustleing in the corn field i was hunting by, i thought it was a deer that maybe got spooked but come to find out it was a fox squirrel! Well about 450 i heard some more rustleing going on and seen stalks moving so i defineley knew it was a deer. Well as soon as it got out of the field i noticed it was a decent buck but couldnt tell how good for sure. Well he as walking closer and closer to me but he was behind brush the whole time so i couldnt get a good look at his rack! Well he got to about twenty yards so i pulled back just in case he was a shooter, he was still behind brush at this time. So just as i get to full draw he stops! He freshened up a scrape from what i could tell. So as he stopped i hoped he was gonna continue walking after stopping for a second well he didnt so i let down from drawing back! Well he worked the scrape for bout five minutes then he continued walking again, as he got in the shooting lane i drew back again and then i got a good look at his rack and decidecd he was a good eight so i put the pin on the spot and drilled him! I heard him crashing through corn and then nothing so i figured he was down for the count! I sat bout ten min went and got my arrow which was full of blood and begun tracking. There was blood everywhere! So i figured i smoked him!I tracked him bout sixty yards and there he laid dead! I didnt hit him where i thought i did from the amount of blood there was! I ended up hitting him in the liver! The total hunt was less than a half hour! Short hunt but it was a good one! Cant wait to slay some doe’s!! Sorry guys cant get photos uploaded! Ill get um up asap!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Nice job Mitch Now get on them photos

johnsy
    Mantorville, Mn

Quote:

Congrats!! Cant wait to see the pics.

x2

lick

Congrats Mitch But yet again . . .

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

Congrats!! Cant wait to see the pics.

X2

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Hey Mitch,

You can email the pics to me at [email protected] I can help get the uploaded.

huntalot60
    wisconsin

way to go mitch can’t wait to see the pics

qdm4life
    Albertville, MN

AWSOME thanks for pics!

shednut
    22 feet up

Awesome! Congrats to ya

wild_thang
    Minnesota

Congratulations Mitch on another beautiful buck!! Nice pictures to go with the story. Now it’s time to get that doe down!! I also understand congratulations are in order for your brother who shot his first archery doe ever-your brother Coyote Boy 243!!!! Go Boys!!!! I’m proud of both of you!!

thinkeyes
    Fairfax, IOWA

Nice buck Mitch!! Way to lay one down! Now for finding the tasty tasty does!!!

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

Great hunt. Congrats

travis_eckman
    Trempealeau County, WI

Congrats Mitch!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Congrats Mitch! Great job waiting out for the right shot!

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Good Job Mitch That new bow and all the practice paid off

gobbler
    Central, MN

WTG!!! It’s hard to let the arrow back down once you’ve pulled back. Then to wait until the right shot presented itself…… That’s the right way to do it.

Congrats

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.