My buddies opening day buck

• robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I have had a Magnum Drift Control sock by Lindy since I had my 02 Crestliner. When I bought my new boat in 2006, I bought another one. In the 2007 Wave Wacker tourney, they were one of the biggest reasons for my 9th place finish. I had one off the bow and one off the back and even in the nasty conditions with some MONSTER rollers and wind, the Drift Control socks slowed my boat down enough to have a good day and allow me to sort through some slots. Same thing on non tourney days, I often feel I’m catching more fish then other boats around me because I have both Drift Control socks out and able to go slower than everyone else around me. Like Jon said, the float on one side and weight on the other helps for quick deployment and the one I’ve had for a few years looks exactly like it did the day I bought it.

Wade you are going to love that Drift Sock! The Drift Control Socks are a definite must have for me and when fishing Mille Lacs they are always in my boat.

marendt
    Lake City, MN

Here is a picture of my buddy Matt who shot this dandy 157 inch SE MN beast on opening day. I am going to try to get him signed up with IDO because he would be a great asset to this site. He owns his wildviewweb website that sells trail cameras and Fridgid Forest food plot seeds. Anyway he made a twenty five yard shot on this guy. He said he really had to twist around the tree to get the shot, which wasn’t perfect, but the buck didn’t go far. Congrats Matt on a true trophy.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Wow, what a great buck. Definitely get him signed up. We would all love to hear the story. Did he have any trail camera pics?

qdm4life
    Albertville, MN

Quote:

Wow, what a great buck. Definitely get him signed up. We would all love to hear the story. Did he have any trail camera pics?

or see better pics! only 157, he looks bigger! What a stud!

marendt
    Lake City, MN

Yes he has watched this buck (and some even bigger) all summer on his trail cams. This one was showing up in the daylight for most of the summer as well. He really puts alot of time in with his food plots and scouting. Needless to say, I love it when he invites me to hunt Somehow I made the photo blurry, but you get the point, this is a beauty of a buck!

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Sure looks like a nice one

marendt
    Lake City, MN

try this one

kooty
    Keymaster

Gosh, with the mass and beam length and points, I’d sure have guessed him more than 157. Beauty of an animal no matter what!!

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

What a tank!!

qdm4life
    Albertville, MN

Much better again WOW! that buck makes me wonder if I just mounted a 110 inch buck

WildViewWeb
    MN

Thanks Guys, love the site. Mike forwarded over this link to me and said he really enjoys it.
    Nothing crazy about the story. It all happened pretty quick in fact you may notice the camera on my bow and I did not get any footage. Maybe the “fever” or going into “don’t mess this up” mode but I did not get the camera flipped open. Long story short, he came into about 25yds with a bachelor group and I had to contort myself around a tree to get the shot off before they got down wind. Shot was not a double lung but it killed him within 150yds (liver & diapharam). He had been coming into our plots in the daylight all summer. We have trail cam pics from velvet thru hard horn and he is a buck that was around last year also. Needless to say I am a happy camper to close the deal!!

qdm4life
    Albertville, MN

Welocome aboard Matt!!!! He is an awsome buck to say the least!

kooty
    Keymaster

Welcome Matt!

When you get some time, let’s see the trail cam pics of this bad boy!

Congrats!!

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Welcome Matt and a big congrats
    Yes lets see them trail pictures

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

Congrats on a great buck!

thinkeyes
    Fairfax, IOWA

Awesome buck Matt and welcome aboard!!! I will to agree with the guys above that that stud looks bigger than 157!

john_steinhauer
    p4

Welcome to IDO What a awesome buck congrats!!

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Welcome Matt – great buck and great story. Congrats on doing what it took to make the tough shot!

Joel

prieser
    Byron, MN

WOW, that is a stud. Congrats Matt and welcome to IDO

dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

What a deer! Congrats!

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

welcome to IDO and congrats on a great buck

lick

Nice work Matt Welcome aboard !

WildViewWeb
    MN

Quote:

Welcome Matt!

When you get some time, let’s see the trail cam pics of this bad boy!

Congrats!!

Here are just a few. Buckeye Cam over a Frigid Forage – Big & Beasty Plot overseeded in a bean field.

scottb.
    Southeast, MN

Man, great buck! He has to be over 157″ gross! Straight 12 with split brows as well, awesome buck!

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

AWESOME!! CONGRATS!!

Welcome to IDO!

jackhunter
    Eagan, MN

Awsome buck! welcome to IDO

bigjigger2002
    Pearlcity , Illinois

Great buck Mat.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.