Pics are coming in, but not very promising so far

• andyjcraig
    Iowa City, Iowa

Great segment Scott. Wow!! I didn’t realize it was 100K tourney… Way to go man.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I knew it was going to be a tough year at my Dad’s place. The neighbors shot all 3 deer that were “good” last fall. The best one got hit by a car.

So, we probably have a couple years to take some does and watch the young boys grow.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Cool pics – I’m guessing a big boy will show up later in the year.

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Pic #3 looks to be a good one

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

Cool pics – I’m guessing a big boy will show up later in the year.

WHy would this be Brad? I to am waiting for a big boy to show on my cameras…hoping that will happen! Is it because the food plot is’t ready yet or that the does haven’t begun to hit it hard?

bowhuntmn

Sometimes trail cams can be our worst enemy! Ive gotten hung up on bucks where I get pictures all spring and summer, and then they disappear like a magic act. In his place, another stud may re-appear. Deer don’t have boundaries like we do with our property ending, and I’ve had lots of movement between farms in my area. Keep your hopes up, plus some of those you got on cam will turn out nice!

kooty
    Keymaster

Quote:

Pic #3 looks to be a good one

He is a goofy one. A single G2 on the right side, no brow. The left side looks to be same with a very small brow. He should be easy spot with horns like this.

kooty
    Keymaster

Quote:

Sometimes trail cams can be our worst enemy! Ive gotten hung up on bucks where I get pictures all spring and summer, and then they disappear like a magic act. In his place, another stud may re-appear. Deer don’t have boundaries like we do with our property ending, and I’ve had lots of movement between farms in my area. Keep your hopes up, plus some of those you got on cam will turn out nice!

Great points! Out in SD, it’s not uncommon for the same deer to be spotted 3-5 miles from dad’s place. Last year we had a drop tine running around, he was spotted all over the place and had guys hunting all around us for him.

Each year, we try to make our little patch of heaven more attractive for the deer so they will stay “home”.

qdm4life
    Albertville, MN

Dont give up or let your gaurd down one bit! With that many young guns running the show now you can bet Mr Big will show up and show the little boys whos boss, I see it every year on one property in particular. Quality habitat and food will ensure that he comes, the best thing you can do now is stay out! With a mature buck core area typicaly consistaning of less than 400 acres where food water and security cover are found its amazing that we get as many pics as we do! Im nervous as H3LL going in to pull my cards every time knowing a shooter is more than likely he is laying with in 200 yards. I have had a cam hanging for 4 months now and only have 1 potential shooter on cam but he is on the low end of the spectrum.

qdm4life
    Albertville, MN

Here is the buck I have been watching on a farm I have near home. He has really put on some inches in the last 10 days! I cant wait to get my cams up in Ottertail 5 inches of rain today 100 degrees tommarrow I think they can wait though. Sitting on top of a hill with the ac on and a cold one in hand watching a bean feaild sound much better!!

kooty
    Keymaster

Wow, great deer!!!

john_steinhauer
    p4

I think a good one will show up for you yet this year!!

lick

Good looking bucks Ben

Kooty your hard work will be rewarded

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.