Remington Model 710

• lundnut
    New Market MN

Anyone shooting this? Currently shooting a model 700 in 7 mag and looking for a backup rifle. I like the feel of this thing. Especially the short 22″ barrel. Sure be nice packing this into the deep woods with it’s compact feel.

ShawnJ
    Oak Grove, MN

Howdy Minnow- this isn’t exactly what you’re looking for, but Fleet Farm is selling Model 7s for $525. A hundred bucks more that what the 710 lists for. Course the 7s list for $740, so I’m not sure what kind of deals 710s are going for. Remington is also offering a $50 rebate on the 7s in 7mm and 300 short action ultra mags. Here’s the specs on the ultra mags. http://www.remington.com/firearms/centerfire/sa_ultramag.htm
    You also don’t get a scope unlike the 710.

ShawnJ
    Oak Grove, MN

Howdy Minnow- this isn’t exactly what you’re looking for, but Fleet Farm is selling Model 7s for $525. A hundred bucks more that what the 710 lists for. Course the 7s list for $740, so I’m not sure what kind of deals 710s are going for. Remington is also offering a $50 rebate on the 7s in 7mm and 300 short action ultra mags. Here’s the specs on the ultra mags. http://www.remington.com/firearms/centerfire/sa_ultramag.htm
    You also don’t get a scope unlike the 710.

JAGER

JERKBAIT
    I PURCHASED THIS RIFLE WHEN IT WAS FIRST INTRODUCED,AND HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT GOOD EXPERIENCE WITH IT.SINCE YOU ALREADY HAVE THE 7MM I RECOMEND THE 270CAL. FOR ITS FLATTER SHOOTING THAN THE 30-06.ALSO JUNK THE BUSHNELL SCOPE IT COMES WITH. THE RETICLE ON MINE STARTED TO TURN WITH THE POWER ADJUSTMENT AND WOULD NOT HOLD POSITION AT LONGER SHOTS. MY SET UP IS A LEUPOLD VARI X 2 3X9X40. I HAVE NO PROBLEM PUNCHING SHOTS UP TO 350 YARDS.

JAGER

JERKBAIT
    I PURCHASED THIS RIFLE WHEN IT WAS FIRST INTRODUCED,AND HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT GOOD EXPERIENCE WITH IT.SINCE YOU ALREADY HAVE THE 7MM I RECOMEND THE 270CAL. FOR ITS FLATTER SHOOTING THAN THE 30-06.ALSO JUNK THE BUSHNELL SCOPE IT COMES WITH. THE RETICLE ON MINE STARTED TO TURN WITH THE POWER ADJUSTMENT AND WOULD NOT HOLD POSITION AT LONGER SHOTS. MY SET UP IS A LEUPOLD VARI X 2 3X9X40. I HAVE NO PROBLEM PUNCHING SHOTS UP TO 350 YARDS.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.