Good Call

• mitch_otto

So I just scored my buck I shot this year and he scores 129 3/4. I told my self if he was over 130 id get him mounted. Well he wasn’t quite 130. I didn’t think he would even come close to it. I guessed wrong I guess. Well a european mount with work just fine for him. Hopefully this year ill get my first for the wall.

walleyefisher87
    Central MN/SJU

a 129 inch deer is nothing to snuff at in my opinion. I like to think a 129 inch 8 pointer is a better trophy than a 135″ ten…sorry i like big eights. None the less congrats on a good buck and whether or not a person should mount a deer is all personal perference. A trophy is a trophy end of story….

qdm4life
    Albertville, MN

Quote:

a 129 inch deer is nothing to snuff at in my opinion. I like to think a 129 inch 8 pointer is a better trophy than a 135″ ten…sorry i like big eights. None the less congrats on a good buck and whether or not a person should mount a deer is all personal perference. A trophy is a trophy end of story….

exactly, I make WAY!!!!! under 3 figures a year and would not bat an eye at a full mount on a 129 I dropped my 125 off last month, congrats!!

mitch_otto

Yeah every time i think about it i kinda am kicking myself is th e butt for saying 130. I really have a great feeling that theres gonna be a couple 130+ deer running around on the farms i hunt. I just gained access to two more properties to hunt this fall. The farm i shot this on has some great potential! Ive never been more excited for hunting than i am now. Successfully hunting the rut this year has turned me into a nut about hunting!

bradg

you can always buy a cape and have a shoulder mount done

lick

Quote:

you can always buy a cape and have a shoulder mount done

X 2 Congrats again on a very nice buck

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Mitch, you put in your time and passed on many smaller bucks, you should be very proud of your 1st P&Y buck I say Get in touch with Kirk P. and get Him mounted

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

When are you going to change your avitar

lick

Quote:

I like sideways buck

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Quote:

Quote:

I like sideways buck

Me too he is trying to get enough post bucks to change it

coppertop
    Central MN

I think it’s a good look to have some european skulls in a trophy room. Like others said, it could always be mounted.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.