New bowkill?

• mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I just talked to my friend Jerry and he told me that a guy arrowed a buck a few days ago that supposedly green scored 233″ and is a 16 point typical just north of me. The standing record bowkill is 203 5/8ths. Im going to try to find out more to try to get the whole story to be as accurate as possible. Evidently the guy who took this buck was helping pick the corn with a farm family and arrowed him at 7′, thats right 7′. They thought that deer might be in there and where they might be leaving the corn at. as the picker got closer. Pickers dosen’t scare the deer at all but eventually leave as the picker aproaches. There were a few possibilities where they would leave the corn at and was waiting for a buck, at the lucky right spot, hoping a buck would come through there when this buck did plus alot of does infront of him. Jerrys sister was at a wedding and this guy knew people at the same wedding and he had just shot it and was showing it to everybody there while it was in his pickup truck. Small town weddings. I don’t know anything about any deductions. I’m going to try to find out as much as I can, im sure this isn’t just another deer story but I want all the imformation I can get so everybody dosen’t get misled. If I find out anything more i’ll post what it is and how accurate this whole story is. I’m thinking its pretty accurate. If it is and theres minimal deductions, less than 29 2/8ths ” after drying, it might be a new worlds record bowkill!

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I just talked to Jerry and He brought over some salmon fillets from the Pierre Marquette in Michigan after getting home yesterday and he said that the buck was officially scored by a liscensed scorer and that the deer was at this wedding reception. The guy who got the deer was friends with the guy who got married. This all i know other than I hope this is all truth otherwise im going too look like im completely gulable.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I just talked to Jerry and He brought over some salmon fillets from the Pierre Marquette in Michigan after getting home yesterday and he said that the buck was officially scored by a liscensed scorer and that the deer was at this wedding reception. The guy who got the deer was friends with the guy who got married. This all i know other than I hope this is all truth otherwise im going too look like im completely gulable.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Just found out all the specs on this deer. It was a non typical and it was a 26 point, not a 16 point and it did score 233. It was in the Gazette here a week ago. No link to this spot, sorry. A long ways from the new worlds record non typical taken a couple of weeks ago but its still a very nice deer.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Just found out all the specs on this deer. It was a non typical and it was a 26 point, not a 16 point and it did score 233. It was in the Gazette here a week ago. No link to this spot, sorry. A long ways from the new worlds record non typical taken a couple of weeks ago but its still a very nice deer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.