tarsal gland resource

• mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

If anybodys interisted in getting fresh tarsal glands for thier scrapes get ahold of your local sheriffs dept and they might put you on thier list,quite a few hunters here do this. Coming soon they should be busy with car and deer accidents at night. My neighbor is a deputy and calls me every year to let me know about a decent roadkill if its a buck, sometimes i get a call at 1:00 in the morning. I load the buck up after hes been gutted and urin bag removed and placed in a bottle for my hunting, take it home and cut off the tarsal glands and dry them out so they don’t spoil. Thier good for next season too plus the benifit of the tenderloins along the backbone and hamburger for chili or sausage. I’ve herd of a few guys who do this too and use the reproductive organs and use this for thier scrapes by rubbing them on the ground too. Fresh is fresh!. I haven’t used any of the doe pee from a doe because im never sure or know how too tell if shes in heat yet. Hit or miss on that one. They say it works!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.