First deer

• mf73
    Fountain City, WI

Opening morning of the 2010 WI gun season found my son and I out trying to get his first deer. We had just climbed up into our stand when we heard some footsteps. An 8 point strolls right by our stand at 15 yards. We didn’t even have our gear pulled up yet. Oh well, it was too dark to shoot anyway, but what a great start to the day. The next 5 hours were very uneventful. We got down at 11:30 and headed home to warm up and get some lunch.

That evening we went to a ground blind overlooking a plot of Pure Attraction. About 4pm a nubbin comes out to feed. We figured he wasn’t going anywhere soon, so we sat back to enjoy the beauty of God’s creation hoping that maybe mom or great grandfather would be showing up soon. Well at 4:25 nothing else had shown, and it looked like Mr. nub was about to head back to bed. Time to .

He posed perfectly for a 30 yard shot, and the 20 ga. did its job. Way to go son, I’m proud of you!

lick

Love it ! !

Congrats to you both

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Great job dad!! Nothing better than the first successful hunt between a father and his kids.

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

very cool Great job on your first deer

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Great memories!!

johnsy
    Mantorville, Mn

Quote:

very cool Great job on your first deer

x2 Congrats

chev70
    SW Wisconsin

Quote:

Great job dad!! Nothing better than the first successful hunt between a father and his kids.

X2 Love the photo back ground

coppertop
    Central MN

Nice going! Congrats to him on his first.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I love hearing these stories! Congrats to both son and father on an awesome hunt!

rsballar6941
    Rochester, MN

Thats awesome congrats on the deer bud

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Congrats, nothing sweeter than the first deer

smutzy2u
    Wisconsin's West Coast

Great job Ben, way to . Now get one for your dad, he needs some help .
    Congratulations buddy!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Congrats !!! I can’t wait for that day

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

That’s good stuff! Congrats to your son and a memory that you two will share forever.

jackhunter
    Eagan, MN

That is so awsome! congrats to getting your son on a successful hunt! I bet he’s hooked for life!

-Jack

Phunnyfarm

Congrats to you and your son on a fun and memorable hunt! It’s always fun to leave the gun on the lap and just “watch” deer.

By the way, was the photo next to a rub?! That tree looks like it’s been shredded!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.