Opening day dbl. kind of

• life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

I’ll be stopping in. I ‘m right down the road.

ozzyky
    On water

The ten pt. came by at 7:00 opening morning head down to the ground looking for love. Was about to get down wind of me so had to pull the trigger at fifteen yards quartering towards me. Made it down the hill fifty yards and piled up. My best buck to date.

The other buck was an interesting situation. I was making a push with a few others to a first year hunter. The 8pt. came right to him but all he got was the leg and a hole in the ear. It then cut back and I was able to put him down. He was in tears until he seen the buck on the ground. How do you tell a 12 year old it’s not his. Took a pic. with the deer and passed it on to him. He hasn’t stopped smiling since.

lick

Nice bucks And a great move on your part

todders
    Shoreview, MN

Good man and nice deer. Congratulations on 2 nice deer and I believe in karma so be ready for something else great to come your way

johnsy
    Mantorville, Mn

WOW great deer Congrats And a classy move on letting the youngster take the buck thats awesome. He’ll be hooked 4life now.

DONOTDELETE

Congrats and great story.

coppertop
    Central MN

Good looking duo! Tip of my hat for doing the right thing. Congrats!

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Ozzy!! I don’t know if you realize how big of a deal this really is!!!!!!!!! In an age where so many don’t shoot unless it’s A 130 140 150somthing and you gave a great buck to a youngster is more than I can express in words. What you did that weekend is very very special. I guess with all the stories I’ve heard and read I’ve just lost a lot of faith in hunters in general.

Congrats to you!!!!

And, not a bad buck for yourself there too!

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

Ozzy!! I don’t know if you realize how big of a deal this really is!!!!!!!!! In an age where so many don’t shoot unless it’s A 130 140 150somthing and you gave a great buck to a youngster is more than I can express in words. What you did that weekend is very very special. I guess with all the stories I’ve heard and read I’ve just lost a lot of faith in hunters in general.

Congrats to you!!!!

And, not a bad buck for yourself there too!

Very well said Walleyebuster. Basically now days you read about people getting into arguments over who shot the deer and blah blah blah…that could’ve been a very bad experience for the young man but turned out to be a great one for him. And I can tell you one thing, he’ll remember that for the rest of his hunting days and may return the favor down the road…along with all the other guys that were there with you that day!

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Quote:

WOW great deer Congrats And a classy move on letting the youngster take the buck thats awesome. He’ll be hooked 4life now.

X2 great job

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Congrats on your buck and bigger congrats on your decision to give the second one away.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.