Anyone hunting the MN 2nd Season?

• blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Am I the only one who bought a license for the 2nd season this year? Typically I hunt the 1st season, but the high water forced us to make ‘alternative plans.’ Just wondering if anyone here hunts what’s been termed the “Doe Season.”

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I only hunt one season Blue, September until January.

Good luck Blue, is there typically one season better than the other down there or doies it just depend??? I have never hunted in that area.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Honestly, we see more Bucks during the ML season than any other.

If I had to say what season was better where we hunt, I’d have to say the 1st. There are so many factors and variables that one can use in their favor.

We have a group of 7 this year(3 kids) and once again we’ll be making drives all day. Since we don’t hunt for horns, we’ll be out just looking to put some food on the table.

Once again, I imagine I’ll pass up 3-6 Bucks that won’t make the 4 per side mandatory regulation. There’s never a shortage of those ‘baby bucks’ where we hunt….

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Makes me sad. I have buck tag and an empty freezer.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

Just wondering if anyone here hunts what’s been termed the “Doe Season.”

Good luck Tom hope you guys fill all your tags, you should have some cooler weather so the deer should be moving good.
    OH and its not the doe only season any more with the new changes.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Quote:

Makes me sad. I have buck tag and an empty freezer.

What made me really sad was watching a 2pt x 3pt “adult” buck, with the rack as wide as it ears, breeding a doe.
    That buck needs to be removed from the gene pool, unless someone can give me info where this buck will grow more points in the future?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Just let me know if you need help Gary. i would be glad to remove him from gene pool.

nzvorak

just a question but how long the minnesota firearms season last? i know about the muzzleloader season but im talking about using any kind of gun?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.