Rubs/scrapes?

• baldwin4
    NE IA

Thanx for keeping us posted Bob I can’t wait for the link to watch it.

Castaway
    Otsego,MN

Thanks for keeping on top of things up there Bob

Derek Hanson

Thanks Bobber for the heads up! Bobber for President!

birddog
    Mn.

Damn…I have softball tomorrow night. Hopefully they’ll have a full length link so I can see it??

I did catch the lead in tonight…”dead sea”, “fisherman avoiding it”??

We’ll see about that come 8am saturday.

I’m all for the “cause” and the fact this is brought to light…but man do they put some spin on stories. But, I guess it’s the kind of “spin” we want.

BIRDDOG

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

thanks Bob,
    we’ll get it tuned in.
    for those who are not able to see it,
    get the ol’VCR set up on timer, so you won’t miss it.
    Jack..

lots-of-luck
    Mayer, MN

Jeff Passolt is talking about the story on KQRS right now.

Hopefully lots of folks tune in.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

They were just talking about it on the KQ Morning show…

craig daugherty
    Osseo, Mn

Thanks Bob.
    Maybe Pawlenty will open up his eyes to this issue on hand! It be interesting to see how many resorts/resturants and other places of business have went under b/c of this “tribal netting”. Sure is alot of “economic duress” going on. Won’t miss Fox 9 News Special!

sundogg44
    Eden Prairie/Mille Lacs

Anybody know what the gist of the piece is? Anybody here have any input for them or interviews? What video/pictures are they using or did they create their own?

Regardless, I’m glad to see ANYBODY covering it. I actually had 3 separate people address the topic with me today at work without my prompting – the word is starting to get around and even the common folks with no rooting interest seem a bit fed up with the pillaging of a fabulous resource. I was extremely glad to hear that today!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Let’s all keep doing our part. I wrote the governor today. We can’t stop poking around even though the netting is over for the year!!!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

Anybody know what the gist of the piece is? Anybody here have any input for them or interviews? What video/pictures are they using or did they create their own?

Regardless, I’m glad to see ANYBODY covering it. I actually had 3 separate people address the topic with me today at work without my prompting – the word is starting to get around and even the common folks with no rooting interest seem a bit fed up with the pillaging of a fabulous resource. I was extremely glad to hear that today!

Let’s just say you will see some familiar faces…

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

Can’t wait to see this and hear the ‘sonic boom’ that’ll follow! I would like to believe that this would put an end to it. (will PETA show up?) There is no C&R with a gillnet.

The_Bladepuller
    South end

I’m all in favor of having light shed on this issue but I hope they do a better job than they did when they went after the Gopher hockey team w/ the drinking at Blarneys. I swore I’d avoid them at all cost after piece of over hyped crap, but if we can get close to a set tonight, up on ML, we will tune in. If not I’ll sure have it on tomorrow night in our place for the recap & what usually is the “tease” issue for their ads.

Rich4Walleyes

Just saw a quick blurb about this on the 5 pm news. Looks like it is going to be an interesting story. Way to go guys!!!

HooksWife
    Crystal, MN

THANKS Bob & Steve ….maybe now the government will listen

sundogg44
    Eden Prairie/Mille Lacs

Pretty good piece. I wish they would’ve touched on the lost net situation seeing as all the people interview said each and every net is labeled and accounted for … doesn’t seem to be that way in reality now, does it?

Derek Hanson

It was a good story, but I don’t know if this is going to persuade the general population of what is really wrong here. Yes it might effect the economy up there a little bit, but I don’t know how many people are going to really believe the economy is falling apart up there because of the natives netting. The economy has fallen apart everywhere, not just resorts and businesses around Mille Lacs. I wish the news would have sticken to the facts more about this issue rather than talk about the money issue. We’ll see what happens on the 10:00 story….

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m actually disappointd with the story. I heard there was two parts? I am at work and just watched the on-line version, was there more? They just aren’t asking the right questions and getting into the middle of it. This was more of an informational on netting and why they do it.

sundogg44
    Eden Prairie/Mille Lacs

I don’t think the online version is nearly the same thing. It was a pretty long story on the actual show.

ScottPugh
    Rogers / Grand Rapids

Pretty good piece. I am guessing that the 10pm version might go into the lost nets.

ScottPugh
    Rogers / Grand Rapids

Quote:

I am guessing that the 10pm version might go into the lost nets.

Second part was all about economy. Piece #1 was much better.

Derek Hanson

A little disappointing to say the least……but it was better than nothing I guess. I just think they are focusing on the economical aspect way too much.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I like how tribal member Mushskoo said they use to “sneak out at night” and net walleye..

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

Good morning everyone!!!

Thank’s for tuning into the show!! I thought they did a great job with the show. Yes, some of what we thought would have been good material..got edited out? But it was 150%+ more than we have ever been able to get on the tv media prior!!! I’m hoping that this only leads to more story’s down the line.

I also want to say that Kare 11 was up around the lake Thursday looking to get in on the story!!! They realized how big it was getting and needed to get on the band wagon…a little late for them, but still more is better!!!

Good luck fishing….

kiesner17
    Prior Lake Mn

Very good story. Made me sick watching them pull those walleye and everything else they snags in there nets. I hope it opened up some eyes thats there more then just walleyes fishing being effected. I could deal with the netting if someone was there to collect all the eggs and milk. Them they would be able to replace what they take. That would show that at least they care about the fishery.

turkeynate
    Iowa

Here is the link to the online video from Fox 9. Mille Lacs Story Very good story. At least it’s starting to get some coverage again. Thanks for all the hard work on this guys.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Good job to all involved with that piece. I thought it was well done.

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

The KARE11 piece last night was disappointing with no reporting on the netting situation but rather the economy of the lake and the really low walleye count in the pond. The Fox 9 report was better.

Anonymous
    Inactive

“If your looking for fish, go to the grocery store.” Mille Lacs Bureau of Tourism

Yeah it was a great peice…..

Lets book a trip to Mille Lacs

For us who fish and stay on the lake it will just be another year. But for anyone who saw that report last night and was thinking of coming to Mille Lacs?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Quote:

“If your looking for fish, go to the grocery store.” Mille Lacs Bureau of Tourism

While watching this last night, I thought what a stupid statement by the person in charge of getting people up there! Surprised she’s in charge of anything…

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.