Game Finder

• putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Last week I received an instrument called the Game Finder for a birthday present. It works with 2 infrared heat sensors to detect heat differentials. It is advertized as being able to pick up the heat from human sized animals up to 500 yards away on a 65 degree day. This could be a good tool for finding fresh deer kill if the blood trail ends or wounded pheasants at closer range. Does anyone have any experience with these things? I am wondering if this is something useful or just another gimmick.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

The technology of infrared has long been known. It should work. Heat up a rock so it’s warm to the touch and walk 50 yards…………see if it works. Tinker with it a bit and see what it’ll do. Maybe try it with a family member or friend in the daylight and in darkness.

It sounds like a great tool to have on hand for archery hunts!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

The technology of infrared has long been known. It should work. Heat up a rock so it’s warm to the touch and walk 50 yards…………see if it works. Tinker with it a bit and see what it’ll do. Maybe try it with a family member or friend in the daylight and in darkness.

It sounds like a great tool to have on hand for archery hunts!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Have someone pee in your yard at night then see if you can find “the spot”. That would be a good simulation for tracking a blood trail.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Have someone pee in your yard at night then see if you can find “the spot”. That would be a good simulation for tracking a blood trail.

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Thanks Kid, you’re right. That’s what they reccommended. I took it up to Canada last week on our annual lake trout trip but I couldn’t talk anybody into walking into the woods for me to find them since it snowed on us 4 days in a row. Great for trout fishing but not for playing in the woods.

Good idea also, Suzuki as my grandson likes to do that anyway.

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Thanks Kid, you’re right. That’s what they reccommended. I took it up to Canada last week on our annual lake trout trip but I couldn’t talk anybody into walking into the woods for me to find them since it snowed on us 4 days in a row. Great for trout fishing but not for playing in the woods.

Good idea also, Suzuki as my grandson likes to do that anyway.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.