CANT SLEEP!!

• Castaway
    Otsego,MN

Does the ball pump up hard?Most likely the ball is bad.

ToddJ

The ball does pump hard, but the ball will not stay hard, so then I have to keep pressure on the ball.

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

There’s a check valve in the line closest to the motor so the fuel doesn’t drain back. If that is faulty (broken) it will not allow fuel to go to the motor. Easy fix. Forgot to ask, what brand of motor??? If it’s a sealed system (no vent) you have a leak somewhere in the line.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Bad check valve in the ball. Common failure. Just get a new ball, or better yet a new ball and hose connection.

-J.

2jranch
    Arcadia, WI

check the “O” rings on your fuel line connection on the motor.The slightest leak will create problems.You could be losing suction power.

crosby-stick
    Crosby MN

Or you could have the hose turned around I have this same motor on a duck boat and have done that once before

david_scott
    Twin Cities

I have had issues with the fuel pump/filter assembly screwed to the side of the engine block on older Johnson motors before. This had the exact same symptoms, and what it took to take care of the problem.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Make sure the vent isn’t plugged and is open on the cap on the fuel tank. The tank has to be vented otherwise the pump can’t pull any gas from the tank. It will run for a few minutes then it starve for gas.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Scott wrote

Quote:

the fuel pump/filter assembly screwed to the side of the engine block on older Johnson motors before

I about bet money this is the problem. Fuel bulb is pumping up hard as motor runs the the bulb gets soft. Fuel pump is weak and not drawing enough fuel. Thats the reason it runs when the bulb is squeezed

eyedog

Quote:

I have had issues with the fuel pump/filter assembly screwed to the side of the engine block on older Johnson motors before. This had the exact same symptoms, and what it took to take care of the problem.

I’ve done that before!!!

col._klink
    St Paul

TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TICK TOCK!!!

What the point??

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

youre telling me!! Woke up 20 minutes before my alarm this morning

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.