just ones for the future so far

• carphumper
    MN,Lakeland

thats funny you asked this. I was planning on going out to black dog tonight after work at 700 I brought all my gear “so i thought” but I left my poles at the house. ajg’pqwjrhg[[ohl’kwrhglkrwhnkwlrenhwoerklfbkl a’w;ljgpio opjhg

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Doh! I could have used the company. I tend to have less patience when I am by myself. I wish I could at least use 2 poles; one for scouting around. I had a lot of pecks by little fish down there nibbling at my bait. One decent bite, a sheephead and about a 3 or 4oz channel.

I have a hard time reading that area. I don’t know if most people chuck it out into the main channel or fish the eddy. Looking at the current tonight I wondered if the water coming out of the spillway has more velocity moving downstream than the main river. If true, and that’s what it looked like, I’d like to cast out into the main channel. Unfortunately with 2oz sinkers and PP, I couldn’t give it a shot, the current would just pull my bait downstream.

I think I am going to give the cutbank upstream a shot in the morning real quick before work.

carphumper
    MN,Lakeland

good luck in the morning. the last time I went down there was almost a month ago and the water comming out of the dam looked really fast. I havent been down there since but I can only think that the water coming out of there is faster than the main channel and I dont know what effect the water being higher now would play. I think you would almost have to have a cannon ball as a weight to keep you bait in place. Do you think fish would be in a current going that fast?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I am not talking about fishing directly in the rapids that are shooting out of the spillway, but just downstream. If you go downstream say 20 yards, there is a seam still from the difference in current flow.

herefishyfishy
    MN

He always seems to show up under smoke screen. If he keeps that up maybe he can make it through the gun season

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Nice looking buck fishy! Now, either that is one steep hill or something messed with your camera!

TeamBurbot

Looks like he dont need alot longer. He would be hard to pass in my book.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.