Trail Cameras

• coppertop
    Central MN

Hawgin, Would you think this would eventually work it’s way north of St. Cloud. In my opinion it should’ve already. Just curious. Thanks, Randy

super_do
    St Michael, MN

Aren’t there a few bass tournaments a year in that stretch? That would definately wipe those out.

smallie_hawgin
    MN, Central

Quote:

Aren’t there a few bass tournaments a year in that stretch? That would definately wipe those out.

Actually only one…… And there are ways that tourneys can work in spite of regs….

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

SH,

Without a doubt, I am in favor of extending it to the dam. As coppertop mentioned, I would love to see these kinds of regs throughout our river systems here in Mn.

On a separate note, I would love to see a continuous season here in Mn with a catch and release restriction during the cold water months (Sept-May). Any thoughts or recent discussions about this?

smallie_hawgin
    MN, Central

Quote:

SH,

Without a doubt, I am in favor of extending it to the dam. As coppertop mentioned, I would love to see these kinds of regs throughout our river systems here in Mn.

On a separate note, I would love to see a continuous season here in Mn with a catch and release restriction during the cold water months (Sept-May). Any thoughts or recent discussions about this?

Steve, I personally would love to see this go through. As I understand the issue though, the species specific groups met and there was some concern from both tournament organizers and some more conservative folks that were on the committee about having a C&R season. And understandably, there is some literature that suggests the temporary removal of guarding males may indeed reduce that individual nesting success.

My personal take, it would make more angling opportunity while doing some actual biological good IF….. a C & R regulation was in place statewide for all bass until mid June. Then opening up to whatever form of harvest the local area manager deems appropriate for that water (within statewide normals). This would protect the majority of the bass waters across the state and still offer an opportunity to manage through some level of harvest.

Thanks for the vote of confidence dude!!

Eric Ahlstrom
    Grand Rapids, MN

A catch and release season instead of the current closed season would be great. I am from Grand Rapids and the current system does nothing to protect the fish up there as they always spawn after the season opens. Also, once the walleye and pike season opens it is pretty hard to stop guys from bass fishing. They can go out and throw spinnerbaits or jerkbaits and say they are northern fishing. So at the moment the time from walleye opener to bass opener, there is basically already a catch and release season.

Eric

smallie_hawgin
    MN, Central

Quote:

Hawgin, Would you think this would eventually work it’s way north of St. Cloud. In my opinion it should’ve already. Just curious. Thanks, Randy

Copper,
    Not all river segments are the same, neither is the pressure in certain areas…. There are a lot of unanswered questions regarding the level of harvest up north. If it is indeed that much lower than the regulation is probably not a needed component. Similarly, if the pressure increases and harvest levels do start affecting survival…… Then for sure….When the true need arises, I am sure it might be a legitimate option.

smallie_hawgin
    MN, Central

Well folks, you will have your chance… to let the DNR know what you think. The regulation proposal is a 12-20″ protected slot, 3 fish daily bag limit, with one fish over 20″. The regulation is intended to go from St. Cloud Dam to Coon Rapids dam and include the mouth of all tributaries to the first public road or dam. (Rum River would be to the dam).

The public meetings have been set

September 13, 2008, Clearwater City Hall, 605 Co Rd. 75, Clearwater, MN 320/558-2428 3-5 pm.

Anoka City Hall, Sept. 18, Anoka City Council Work Session Room, Upstairs, 2015 1st Avenue N, Anoka, MN 7-9 pm.

You will also be able to email or write, up until Oct 1, 2008.

Please do your best to come to the meetings no matter what your opinion is. These will be open house style meetings where you can come and talk it over with the biologists. The DNR needs to hear all sides of the issue, in spite of the fact that apparently most folks on this forum support the extension.

Thanks.

msriverdog
    Arkansas

There’s another meeting tonight, 7:00 at the Champlin City Hall.
    Champlin City Hall is located at 11955 Champlin Drive, Champlin, MN, 55316.

This is really important IMHO to improve the fishing in this stretch of river, the Anoka stretch is not nearly as good as the fishing from the Crow on up, anybody that has enough experience with the whole CRD to St. Cloud sectiion will verify this. If you’re for it come, if you’re against it come.

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

I’ve got mixed feelings about this. Seems like more and more Game and Fish regulations are being pushed by a small group of anglers who have a special personal interest in them. Not that this is bad or wrong, but it opens the door to the reverse. Case in point is the recent Gull Lake lakeshore owners that blocked Muskie stocking, then we had a small group of legislators that pushed through tournament fees. We certainly will face increased challenges from groups that want changes based on misplaced beliefs. C/R is not a one size fits all solution to MN lakes and rivers, reduced bag limits or special regs can’t increase fish density beyond a systems carrying capacity.

The proposed river regs are a good example, does a favorable survey by an energy company have validity, they would have much to lose if the out-come was poor, and when does a creel survey that consist of questions to anglers on the river, become scientific data. The questions I want answers to are about the rivers carrying capacity in these sections, what factors other then angling increase or decrease density. It’s fine for a small group of anglers to try and improve a fishery, but is it biologically and scientifically sound? It could be that good results might come from stabilizing current flow and levels during spawn, rather then controlling harvest. Weather often has a greater bearing then angling. I don’t favor special regs based on opinion polls, anglers with self-interests or a lack of understanding regarding the fundamentals of aquatic management. And while most of these things are beyond my expertise, I’d like to hear from the DNR, see historical and recent test netting and shocking results.

willie boy
    Cornhusker Central ... HELP!

Quote:

…like to hear from the DNR, see historical and recent test netting and shocking results.

fact based decision making?

msriverdog
    Arkansas

SH asked me to to post this over here.
    My take is because he really care’s about the fishery and the fishermen.

Just another reminder… Regardless of how you stand on the issue…. Please come on out and let the DNR what you think and fill out a response/suggestion form. Public meetings:
    Clearwater Meeting: September 13, 2008 (3 p.m. – 5 p.m.) Clearwater City Hall, 605 County Road 75, Clearwater, MN.
    Anoka Meeting: September 18, 2008 (7 p.m. – 9 p.m.) City Council Room, 2015 1st Ave N, Anoka, MN.

lick

Ok everyone has their favorites and we all use different brands

Can I get 1 day and 1 night picture and 1 day and 1 night video (if available) from all the brands of cameras we use posted here with the camera type listed also. It will make it easier for the guys and gals that are shopping

lick

Cuddeback Capture (with flash)

dylan1123
    wisconsin

cuddeback capture w/flash

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Wildgame innovation IR 4!

zimmy101
    Hager City Wisconsin

Bushnell Trophy Cam Photos:

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Nice idea Pat but I just think that there’s too many variables such as the distance of the deer, weather conditions, sunlight angle, camera angle, editing software etc….

I’ll give you an example – here’s 2 day time pictures from the same bushnell trophy cam one day apart at same location.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Moultrie D40, Flash. Camera at an angle

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.