3 Italians come to Buffalo County

• fireflick
    Alma WI

It has been a real interesting week here lately. This year I had 3 italians come from Bologna, Italy. All I can say it is a experience I will never forget, and a good one. This have shown me that people take trophy hunting to serious and that friendship and commariderie is what hunting is all about. Valerio, Silivo, and Francesco had been to the states 5 times hunting. They have only shot one doe in the entire times they been to the states until now. These are great people and have been great in out community. In Fact, both my boys took them for show an tell in their classrooms today at school.

In Italy, they always talk about how the land is over run with people meaning that there is to many people for the land within italy.

Hunting in Italy is very different. They can go where ever they want without asking for permission but they have to put in for what they want to shoot. They have to say what they are going to shoot, whether it is small or big. If you want to shoot a big skag, roe, or fallow deer you have to gain points by following their personal managing plan. If they are unsuccessful with their personal managing plan by not harvesting the animal in size they were after they forfeit points in the following year.

They don’t pay taxes on the land they just buy it but anyone can hunt it…That would suck.

Here are a couple pictures of the deer they shot with me. All I can say is size didn’t not matter to me when they shot these.

Both deer are being mounted locally and shipped back to italy. Valerio, the one that shot the littler of the two actually had a big one next to him this morning broadside and could not shoot becuase he filled his buck tag already. I asked him if he was sad or mad that he shot the little one and he said, heck no. The other italian has shot a doe. (Also the one holding the littler buck has only 1 leg making his experience and our job harder but all worth it when we came up to him and he had blood on his face from his kill)

Greatest experience for them the entire trip….Going to my boys school and meeting all my boys class.

What an experience I will never forget and a new friendship that will last a long time…

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

Sounds like a neat experience for both sides.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Cool story but I swear the subject line looks like the beginning to a good joke!

lick

Quote:

Cool story but I swear the subject line looks like the beginning to a good joke!

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

X3. I was expecting a punch line!

Good story though!

Eric

jeff_heeg
    Marshfield WI.

That’s some really cool stuff there, probably something you will remember for years to come, it had to be neat to visit and compare traditions and values of hunting in their country as they reflected their experiences here. They show the excitement of the camaraderie of the hunt, and the signs of enjoying it to the fullest.

Congrats

Jeff

big_g
    Isle, MN

Way to show them a good time Jarrad Hope they made you some PASTA

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Way to show them what a good hunt is all about Jarrad. Long distances don’t get in the way when shared by other hunters.

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Very cool!!
    3 Italians for show and tell

fireflick
    Alma WI

Valerio, the one sitting in the picure amongst the three is the owner and operator of the one and only bowhunting websites in italy. Feel free to stop on their website and check them out.

http://www.cacciaconlarco.it/paginabase.htm

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.