How to get deer within range

• nug
    central iowa

I have been hunting behind my grandpa’s house this year, and have been seeing several nice bucks, including one that was pushing 145″. The only problem is that I cannot hunt the woods/crp field on the other side of the fence. There is a wooded ravine that runs out of the land I cannot hunt and stops about 20 yards of the fence. All of the deer have been running this ravine up and down, and then waiting until dard to enter the field. I had a decoy last night, but it is too thick for them to see. If anyone has any help on how to get the deer to come out into the field, let me know, such as calls, or the decoy. Any help would be awesome!!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Calls and rattling are great tools this time of year during the rut. Good luck!!

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Primo’s can call and a grunt tube! Maybe mix in a snort wheeze as well!

nug
    central iowa

Here is a picture from my Cuddeback Excite of the buck I saw last night. What do you think he would score???

whittsend

I’d guess 117 and 1/8 after deductions…

Hard to tell width, etc though. I’d shoot him, though, especially given my almost non-existant time for hunting this year!

whittsend

BTW Jake, Welcome to the forum!

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

I think he would score some nice sausage and jerky….seriously around 115, but good luck

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.