Buffalo County Whitetail Harvest Video

• big_g
    Isle, MN

Nice job Jarrad I love it in the middle of the video, where it looks like he has got you busted….. for about 2 minutes then he continues on in Thanks for sharing…… nothing like 3 guys looking over my shoulder and watching….

lick

Nce work Jarrad looks like you put quite a bit of work into that video very well done and congrats on a great buck

d.c.o
    Eau Claire,Wisconsin

Jarrad, Nice to see you doing something other than hand lining!! Nice buck bud

lick

Welcome aboard DCO

chev70
    SW Wisconsin

Awesome Job Jarrad

Thanks for sharing an awesome experience

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

Nice work.

scottb.
    Southeast, MN

Great job Jarrad, love the pre and post roll you put on there and the music gets me fired up! Awesome job, guess you CAN do more than catch big walleyes!!!

coppertop
    Central MN

Simply awesome! Thanks for sharing.

martysddw
    EC, Wisconsin

Jarrad, Cool video. I am thinking about starting to video. How did you learn to edit and what kind of software do you use for editing? What kind of camera did you use? I was looking at getting a GSL.

bennyj
    sunrise mn

Wow! that was pretty neat to watch.

Nice work!

Congrats

pelzel12
    Plum City WI

Sweet video Thanks for sharing

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Cool video.

Did you shoot that deer off the same trail you walked in on?

How did you flim yourself walking in? Set the camera on a tripod, walk in, climb up, climb down, walk back and get the camera?

big_hunter
    eagan, mn

awesome job, both on the hunt and the video!!!

fireflick
    Alma WI

Quote:

Jarrad, Cool video. I am thinking about starting to video. How did you learn to edit and what kind of software do you use for editing? What kind of camera did you use? I was looking at getting a GSL.

Right now I use a Sony DCR-VX2100. However that camera just hit the ground the other night from the tree and is not working. So, I am upgrading to a Sony HD camera. Sony’s have the best camera light during low light conditions when most activity is. Canon’s are great camera’s to but are horribly during low light.

I am just using the Windows movie maker right now. Upgrading to final cut pro shortly.

I learned to edit all on my own, whilte sitting at the computer, when I was bored, trying to figure it out. It took me about 1 1/2 hours to put that video together when it use to take me two days. Also a few of my buddies work for shows on the pursuit channel, versus, and a couple others. Look for us on pursuit channel soon…

fireflick
    Alma WI

Quote:

Cool video.

Did you shoot that deer off the same trail you walked in on?

How did you flim yourself walking in? Set the camera on a tripod, walk in, climb up, climb down, walk back and get the camera?

Yep, shot if off the same trail I walked in on. I put some doe estrus on the bottom of my feet when I walked in hoping to get a deer crossing that logging road turned my way. I also did some rattling sequences just before that so I am sure he came in curious and alert…

I did what are called cut aways. After the hunt I went back and self filmed my self off a tri pod. Everything else was just editing. I did a walk in cut, road cut, drive up cut and etc… Most shows are made that way. They doing some filming before the hunt but most of it is made after the kill is done.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Nice job Jarrad!

fireflick
    Alma WI

an additional note….

My heart was actually pounding for 12 minutes. That deer really took his time coming in. I had him on camera for 12 minutes from start to shot. I pulled a lot of it out otherwise it would of been really boring. I just wished I could of moved to zoom in and out with him their that long…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.