Dam Dog

• chomps
    Sioux City IA

Gett’n to be about that time. I have not heard anything yet, but I’ll do some asking around.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

Does anybody have any info on whether a bigger boat can get on the water below the dam right now? Thanks in advance for the help

Zach, I called Captain Norm’s Bait Shop and they said you can get a boat in on either side but he thought the Nebraska side might be a little better right now. He said they have been catching walleye on a jig and minnow below the dam.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Next weekend then Wade

afull
    NW IA

If any of you guys feel like taking out a poor college kid some day just let me know!! I am always looking to get out a little. We try to get over there and fish every once in awhile but never get a whole lot from shore. I go to school in Vermillion (USD) so its only a half-hour jaunt. IF you ever feel like it just PM me on here….I check it about 50 times a day!!

et1770
    Shakopee, MN

Quote:

IF you ever feel like it just PM me on here….I check it about 50 times a day!!

Maybe if you checked in a little more often you would find some responses.

afull
    NW IA

Excuse me?

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

I will keep you in mind if I get up there and have space

afull
    NW IA

Ok thanks Zach. Did you ever get that boat sold? I think we were looking at yours earlier this fall.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Yep, it found a nice new home

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

He better not show up on opener.

coppertop
    Central MN

Not what you want to see on your cam. After checking cams last week I found I had a video of a 200+ hog walk past. Guess some farmer is one pig shy.

prieser
    Byron, MN

As much as I love dogs, if their in my woods they might need to be put to sleep.

lick

By the size of his tail he looks like he needs another year id let him walk

johnsy
    Mantorville, Mn

Quote:

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Quote:

Quote:

Hey Steve , run your mouse from pic to pic real fast I think he is waging his tail at you and saying

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hey Steve , run your mouse from pic to pic real fast I think he is waging his tail at you and saying

OMG.. I just did it…. he is happy to be having his pic taken….

umichjesse
    Plymouth

A few years ago I was sitting in a stand and I heard the tell tale steps in the leaves. Over the ridge popped a doe at a steady trot. She wasn’t running but it looked like something was pushing her. A minute later I hear more steps and I start thinking buck. Up over the ridge popped my uncle’s Airedale right on the trail of the doe. I started cursing the dog but not thirty seconds later I hear more steps. A nice 140″ 9 point came down the same trail nose to the ground. After I shot him and returned to my uncles house a half mile away to get help hauling him out I saw the dog cowering in the garage. The dog is extremely gun shy and my blast even at a hundred plus yards away scared him plenty.

Long story short, unless there is lots of deep snow and the dogs are killing the deer, I don’t think the occasional dog on the property will scare to many deer off.

big_hunter
    eagan, mn

Quote:

thanks, now my kb is covered with coffee!!! that was good!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Now that right there is funny!!!

lick

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

OMG.. I just did it…. he is happy to be having his pic taken….

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I was gonna say the same thing.

cdm
    Oronoco, SE. MN.

Must have been a full moon or a really bright flash on your trail came. It looks like it’s daytime when that pic was taken.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.