Lonely Fawns

• Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

In your show you anchor. What type of anchor do you use and how many do you loose? Is there a better way to hook the anchor up for that type of river fishing?

James and most of us river rats use a Waterspike, James uses one rated for the 30′ boats that gives far better holding power at half the weight of most other anchors.

Here is another post on anchors.

mike_utley
    Zumbrota, MN

There were a lot of lonely fawns in the woods this weekend. Hopefully next weeked we’ll all be seeing a bit of increased activity!

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

Things ‘are’ happening around here anyway. You saw the heavy neck of my friends deer taken last Thursday evening.
    This evening, I was in my stand at 330p, at 5 I saw one young doe, at 530 another, but bigger, at 550, 3 does, (one of which I would have harvested), and they were all being trailed by a little 6 pointer. Of all of them, the little 6 would have been the only one in range, but at this time of evening the winds were changing, and that old doe busted me! She snorted a hissy fit for a half hour. Finally they all headed back to were they came from. They never saw me(18 feet up a tree with good cover. So maybe next time that old [censored] will come in range

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.