Questions for you folks

• Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

I’ve finally got a few boys on the trail cams, but this one is an odd duck. I’m thinking this deer a an older deer by the short stubby nose and the girth this guy has, but what happened to the head gear?? Looks like the lord didn’t bless him so well

And how can one deer find the bushnell small camera, and come up and lick the dang thing….

Interested to hear what are your thoughts on this deer.

Jami

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Lots of these things around as well…..

Here’s a shot of my food plot. corn all the way around with rape, turnip mix.

qdm4life
    Albertville, MN

Dang food plot vultures(last pic)Ya body wise I would say that buck is older than 2.5, a good cull buck

big_hunter
    eagan, mn

jami, if you think hes in rough shape, you should see the other guy!

what a shame, at least he’ll help fill the freezer.

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Ritt, I think that buck may be related to you in some ways!

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I know the older they get they loose much of the tines and shape they had when they were younger. They don’t loose as much in mass as they do the length of the mainbeam and tines and I’ve heard of a buck that had just his mainbeam with no tines at all and his mainbeam was around 12″ long. The guy that seen him said he looked like a billygoat. I don’t know what the reason is for this guy but he looks old, maybe a combination of age, nutrition and maybe a few others. Good summer sausage deer.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

Could be, but you’re awfully smart today for a guy thats going to be eating team #1 backstraps…..

Jami

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Quote:

Quote:

Could be, but you’re awfully smart today for a guy thats going to be eating team #1 backstraps

Jami

burbob
    Hastings,MN

I’m sure it is NEARLY impossible, going way out on a limb here, but what if an archer aiming for his vitals grazed his head and caused stunted antler growth.

shoot_n_release
    Mora, MN

Hermaphrodite deer? Maybe a doe with the gene for horns, but not enough hormones to grow them.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

I’m sure it is NEARLY impossible, going way out on a limb here, but what if an archer aiming for his vitals grazed his head and caused stunted antler growth.

You been sitting in my stands here bobo???

burbob
    Hastings,MN

SS that is a strange looking fella. Looks alot like our next batch of sausage

No haven’t been in your stand but you may catch me in your food plot with a bottle of ranch and a box of croutons Plots looking good

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Quote:

SS that is a strange looking fella. Looks alot like our next batch of sausage

No haven’t been in your stand but you may catch me in your food plot with a bottle of ranch and a box of croutons Plots looking good

Bob eating a salad! Now that is funny

lick

Odd deer

Very nice looking plot Jami

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Probably a very old deer.
    Dad shot a massive body buck about 12 years back. field dressed over 250lbs (scale).
    gray face, almost ghostly white.

His horns, which we kept, were two “knobs”. One was 3.5 inches, the other was about 2 inches.
    Each one though had a base that is MASSIVE in diameter.

Figured the old boy got so old, he quit growning horns???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.