Omega or Encore?

• blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I’ll be going muzzleloader hunting for the first time this year. I have a .50 Thompson Omega. I’m looking to upgrade to a Encore but wanted to know what the advantages are, if any, other than the ability interchange barrels?

birdhunter88
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Ask yourself…. why switch ? Do you plan on switching barrels ? Then yes get the Encore….. I have the Omega and love it…. I can’t see where the Encore will out perform the Omega so personally I would stick with what you already have….. bird

birdhunter88
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Ask yourself…. why switch ? Do you plan on switching barrels ? Then yes get the Encore….. I have the Omega and love it…. I can’t see where the Encore will out perform the Omega so personally I would stick with what you already have….. bird

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

If I switch to the Encore, it will be for the ability to switch barrels. I have the opportunity to hunt MN and WI deer. There are lots of things I’d like to hunt with a muzzleloader. It’s about the last firearm I haven’t killed a deer with. I guess what I was ultimately looking for was a “report” on how the Encore holds up and if there is anybody out there that can give me a heads up on what to look for and what to watch out for.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

If I switch to the Encore, it will be for the ability to switch barrels. I have the opportunity to hunt MN and WI deer. There are lots of things I’d like to hunt with a muzzleloader. It’s about the last firearm I haven’t killed a deer with. I guess what I was ultimately looking for was a “report” on how the Encore holds up and if there is anybody out there that can give me a heads up on what to look for and what to watch out for.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

They are great Fleck! I started with a .50 muzzleloader and added a 7mm/08 24″ barrel (and forearm). Its a tackdriver and fun to shoot.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

They are great Fleck! I started with a .50 muzzleloader and added a 7mm/08 24″ barrel (and forearm). Its a tackdriver and fun to shoot.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.