Butt out tool

• Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

So lets see a show of hands who uses one??

Butt out tool

I do and love it. Got some chit from the boys, until they saw it in action…. Now most of them have one as well!!

Jami

big_g
    Isle, MN

You mean on a deer right …???

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Well G what you do in the privacy of your home OR cabin is up to you….

But yes for now on deer…

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

I haven’t and snickered at them in the last few years but watched a couple videos of them and will be picking one up for this season (for use on deer)!

budaman
    North Metro, MN

I have never personally used one, but one of the guys in our hunting party does. He loves it, and can gut a deer in about 5 minutes….granted, he shoots a lot more deer than I do so he’s got a lot more practice

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’ve always used a fillet knife to extract that portion of the deers anatomy.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

I’ve always used a fillet knife to extract that portion of the deers anatomy.

Kooty, thats the way I was taught back home when we gutted them at the farm.. I hated it, but down here, we can’t hang them from the skid loader….

Jami

kooty
    Keymaster

This looks much quicker. I can’t tell you how many times when I’ve been trying to field dress a deer by myself the fillet knife would slip and you’ve have deer waste all over the place.

If I haven’t told you the story, remind me sometime to tell you about the mule doe my uncle got, but forgot a gutting knife at home.

tres_pezon
    Plymouth, MN

I’ll admit it’s a cool idea, but since there’s not much connective tissue in play, I’ll just continue to use a knife for the procedure. Disconnecting everything is rather easy…just follow the pelvis wall around a couple times and you’re good to go. I’ve never knicked a bladder or accidently cut the intestinal wall.

martysddw
    EC, Wisconsin

I’ve never had a problem either and can dress em’ out pretty quick. But if it helps make it quicker and cleaner I’d give it a try. I just have so much equipment in my pack as it is.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

But yes for now on deer…

Sorry G BUTT that is funny right there.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

Quote:

But yes for now on deer…

Mike, I do believe Jami is referring to himself in the second person Look how he posed the question so vaguely…. not on purpose I do believe…

Anyways… no I have not, nor do I plan on using this tool… A buddy had one and after he tried it… unsuccessfully I might add…. I seen no need to spend the $10. Actually, I learned a really neat way to do them awhile back. Cut all around the azzhole, pull as much out as you can and cut…. the rest will come out with all the rest of the guts, when you pull them out. No need to break the pelvic bone either.

kooty
    Keymaster

That’s how I’ve always done it G.

chev70
    SW Wisconsin

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

But yes for now on deer…

Mike, I do believe Jami is referring to himself in the second person Look how he posed the question so vaguely…. not on purpose I do believe…

Anyways… no I have not, nor do I plan on using this tool… A buddy had one and after he tried it… unsuccessfully I might add…. I seen no need to spend the $10. Actually, I learned a really neat way to do them awhile back. Cut all around the azzhole, pull as much out as you can and cut…. the rest will come out with all the rest of the guts, when you pull them out. No need to break the pelvic bone either.

DIDDO BIG G

The only thing I do different is the cutting I cut around once then pull bung out a little then cut around again then gut deer and everything comes out through the front clean as a whistle. No need a cut through the pelvic but know a loty of people who do this ???? This is how you get all the dirt inside

ragerunner
    Winona, MN

I just picked one up last night. On sale for $7.99 at Fleet Farm.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.