Odd trail cam buck picture

• Steve Vick
    New London, MN

Here are a couple recent pics near the stand. Thought this tall one was interesting. I believe the blurry pic is the same buck. (at a different camera). If i’m not mistaking he is missing his front left leg…….anybody tell for sure?

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

It certainly looks like he’s missing his left front leg. I also lightened up the first picture.

Steve Vick
    New London, MN

Thanks Brad. I should have done that first.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Yes, missing front leg.. Are you sure that thing isn’t a goat!!! my goodness that’s some high antler.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

And i bet the reason why that second pic is blury is because the cam caught him on the way down,, he has to push off with his front right and land on his front right.. it’s like you and me hopping on one leg all day long, lots of herky jerky movement. You will hear him coming from a long ways away!

whittsend

Quote:

I say you double lung him out of the gene pool.

I was trying to paintshop a pegleg onto the front quarter of the buck, but I couldn’t get it to look right…

Cool pic. I would doubt that the oddity of the headgear is due to genetics, though. Most likely a result of the injury to the front leg. Odd stuff happens to antlers when other parts of a deer are injured.

Thanks for sharing!

Mike

Steve Vick
    New London, MN

Quote:

Cool pic. I would doubt that the oddity of the headgear is due to genetics, though. Most likely a result of the injury to the front leg. Odd stuff happens to antlers when other parts of a deer are injured.

Thanks for sharing!

Mike

I was wondering if that might be the case.

coppertop
    Central MN

Thanks for sharing! Very strange buck.

brandengifford
    Franklin TN.

I have one of these running around out back. It’s sad to watch him get around. But it is amazing how fast he can run with 3 working legs. I don’t want to highjack your post, but I posted a pic of this buck called “Cool Buck”. Scroll down toward the bottom to see the latest pics of him. I’ll bump it toward the top so check it out if you can.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Cool, thanks for sharing and good luck this Fall Steve!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Steve,

Your picture of the 3 legged buck reminds me of a story. A buddy of mine was filiming while gun hunting and shot at a doe. After blood trailing her, they found her entire front leg. It was severed right at the shoulder. Long story short, they tracked her the entire day and never found her.

Next spring they were turkey hunting the same farm with the video camera. Low and behold, out comes the same 3 legged doe with a pair of fawns! They have her on film both times and there’s no doubt it’s the same deer. It’s absolutely amazing how resilient whitetails can be towards an injury.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.