BBD…but not ready to stop!!!

• travis_eckman
    Trempealeau County, WI

I don’t have much time to write a good post so here it is short & sweet! Got fifteen minutes before I teach my next class…
    I had this buck’s number – seen it on four other occassions and was drawn back on it two times before the kill. I was holding out for two larger 10 point MONSTERS, but I am happy with this buck!
    This buck presented a fantastic broadside shot after following a hot doe trail. I’d like to take some credit by saying I helped coax it in closer by using the primos doe bleat can, but I truly believe it would’ve taken the same trail anyhow. I’ve never felt very confident while using the doe bleat, but hey..! In the past I’ve called this buck up due to rattling and grunting. Was shot on the family farm back in Trempealeau County, Wisconsin from 20 yards at 7:30 am on Saturday morning. I haven’t got all the measurements, but I believe it is 125-130 green. Not too happy since I vowed I would’nt kill a buck under 135… However, I still have the Wisconsin gun season and the many years to come (knock on Norwegian wood)!
    I was in disbelief that my bowhunting buck season was over so I went into the woods all day Sunday and I plan on hunting some late season. I took a nice doe on Sunday and I plan on taking some more if I’m presented with a quality shot, but if not at least I’m out there scouting and enjoying my passion!
    I’ve had a tremendously stellar season! QDM has paid off – been seing tons of quality bucks and my notes show that the buck to doe ratio from mid October to November 9th was 5:1! I’ve thought that this may not be good and we need to take less does’, but the bucks are everywhere! This just tells me that the does that are around are definately being used and abused…
    That’s all the time I’ve got! Happy hunting everyone – stay safe!!!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Congrats, beauty of an animal!!

jeweler
    Wisconsin

Awesome buck. From the pics that thing looks huge!!!! Congrats.

timdomaille
    Rochester Mn

Nice buck!!

ragerunner
    Winona, MN

Nothing wrong with that buck

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

WOW VERY NICE 8

Congrats on a nice buck and thanks for sharing your story here! I’m looking forward to the story and pics on that GUN BUCK!

Congrats and good luck!

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Congrats on that beauty!!

Jami

ses
    Mayer, MN

Nice deer and a shooter at that.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Congrats!

sipple31
    West Central Sconni

congrats!

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

very nice buck

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

Congrats…looks like the brother to one of the ones I am after in Wi. I saw him several times, closest was about 50 to 55yrds…congrats again great deer…Jay

big_g
    Isle, MN

Beauty… and BIG I see 9 scoreable points !!! My turn please !!!

big G

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Congrats Travis that is one awesome buck and with a bow to boot!!!

I agree with G you have your self a 9 pointer and just think how much bigger those monster 10 pointers will be next year!!!

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

That’s a great buck. Congrats.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Awesome looking buck!

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Great looking deer…thanks for the story!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Congrats on your buck and it looks like your QDM practice is paying off!

travis_eckman
    Trempealeau County, WI

Thanks for all the kind words everyone! Good luck on the “brother” RVRAT and good luck and happy hunting to all!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.