Question for all you guys

• darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

My dad is 66 and is not in the best physical shape. We own 88 acres that has a gravel road going right through the middle of it. He insists on driving up this steep hill so he does not have to walk it, worse yet, is he drives a diesel. How bad does this affect my hunting? Not much I can do about it, but I always see fewer bucks on days he drives up. Is this a major reason why, or is it something else?

darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

It is an old logging road. And it only gets then.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Time to buy a BadBoy Buggy! I guess if it were my dad (R.I.P.) I would let him do it if it meant he would spend time in the woods hunting with me. Otherwise have him use a 4 wheeler or something! Is there another spot he could hunt? Set up a ground blind or ladder stand for him that would be closer for him to walk to or drive to.

ragerunner
    Winona, MN

I have a grandpa that’s the same way. He’ll drive his diesel pickup almost right to his stand. He still shoots descent bucks, but I think it does hurt his chances a little. But as long as he’s happy, I’m happy. It’s not always about shooting the biggest buck; it’s about having a good time.

darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

He can make the walk yet, just doesn’t want to. I would rather have him in the woods and drive than not at all. So, I will not fuss to him, just wish he had a 4 wheeler to drive in with

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Might pay you to look around to see if there is anyone that would loan you a 4 wheeler for the deer season or would there be anyone that you know that would let you use or rent a golf cart for the season?

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Any chance he could use a different location that wouldn’t be so far to walk? Or is that his honey hole?

toddcarnes
    Milan IL

I wouldnt even bring it up to him he might feel like he is burdening you and stop going, aint no buck worth that. buy a 4 wheeler and drive him up.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.