what do you do

• b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

A $57 porterhouse from Morton’s.

The best all-you-can eat steak has got to be Fogo de chao . They have several types of cuts and serve you at your table.

ilbfishn
    Winona, MN

Prime Rib at The Freight House in LaCrosse…..

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

Quote:

A $57 porterhouse from Morton’s

Where is Morton’s?

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Quote:

Prime Rib at The Freight House in LaCrosse…..

My future nephew in-law is the head cook there
    I’ve heard good things about the Freight.

BCNeal
    Bloomington, MN

My favorite in the cities is still Manny’s. Expensive but awesome flavor every time.
    Outback’s filet is a great piece of meat for the price.
    And I have to agree on the prime rib at the Freight House in La Crosse. It’s excellent.
    Of course a nice porterhouse from Lund’s or Byerly’s on the Weber (charcoal, not gas) of course with a cold Leinies out on the deck is hard to beat!

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

A $50 filet at the Red Fish Grill in New Orleans, which is one of the restaurants run by the Brennan family. I was out to dinner with a vendor who was picking up the tab and wanted to know if it was possible for a steak to be worth $50. It was by far THE BEST steak I’ve ever had and was worth every penny of the vendor’s $50 bucks. It would have been worth $50 bucks of my own money.

the better half
    Champlin, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Where is Morton’s?

It is Downtown Minneapolis on 12th (?) and Nicollet. The food is very good but very expensive. Side dishes are extra and they are served family style. The Cosmoplitans are extremly good but also expensive.

the better half
    Champlin, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Where is Morton’s?

It is Downtown Minneapolis on 12th (?) and Nicollet. The food is very good but very expensive. Side dishes are extra and they are served family style. The Cosmoplitans are extremly good but also expensive.

Sorry, I am thinking Manny’s not Mortons.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Ruth Chris for me, but I’m not much of a steak eater. Got this thing about having meat cooked, steaks just don’t seem to come out decent when cooked through.

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

Morton’s

Keep them coming, looks like I’m going to be busy!

Todd_NE

1. Delmonico in Vegas
    2. Fleming’s anywhere
    3. Bob’s Resort on Lake Oahe. Do NOT get the “Steak Large” unless you are feeding six, just get the regular or sandwich. It’s the best Sirloin you will ever eat which is saying something. The price is low too.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Quote:

Ruth Chris for me, but I’m not much of a steak eater. Got this thing about having meat cooked, steaks just don’t seem to come out decent when cooked through.

The redder, the better I always say

Run it around the barn twice to warm it up, wipe it’s azz and cut off the horns. Best steak going

And for you Southern MN boys, The Hubble House in Mantorville. I have eaten at most places mentioned, and it is not even comparable, and unlike Mortons, you don’t have to feel like such an uppity snot when you are eating. I always felt like I should be hanging out with the waiters and drinking a cold beer, rather then eating a $50 steak and drinking a $10 glass of wine

suckerslayer
    Red Wing, MN

I think the prime rib at Weiderholt’s in meisville is better than OK. I usually prefer to get a burger and a beer at Kings.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

1. Manny’s (MPLS)

2. Gene and Georgetti’s (Chicago)

3. St. Elmo’s (Indianapolis.)

4. Murray’s (MPLS)

5. Ruth Chris (Anywhere USA.)

Honorable mention:

Mancini’s in St. Paul. I know the Mancini boys well. Great family operation! I go there about 2 times a month! Gotta give the nod to the filet!

And Wiederholt’s prime rib! Yeah baby!!!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Right down the road from my house, The Hayloft in Luxemburg, their Perfect Prime Rib. Ask your little..er younger brother about it Tuck…

big g

Outback, the Sven gets honorable mention, if done right, and Pine Lake Lodge, in NE Wisconsin is good. “Home of the Sizzlin’ Steaks”

impalapower
    Madison, WI

I can’t read this post anymore, I’m hungry.

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

Oh, if you’re in Podunk SW Wisconsin, one of the best dives I’ve ever been in:

Village Bar Supper Club
    3410 County Hhh, Kieler, WI
    (608) 568-3004

Great steak and seafood and CHEAP!!!!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

In Canada you have to give the nod to 40Westt as the best of the best. This place could actually be better than anyplace I have been to here in the US.

budaman
    North Metro, MN

Wildfire in Eden Prairie. Hands down the best Ribeye I’ve ever had

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Mancini’s is pretty good, as is similar to Jax Cafe in Mpls (on University). Both super old school, like a step back in time.

In the cities I’ve had great steak at Rossi, Manny’s, and Capital Grille. McCormick & Schmik’s has a pretty good steak, too. All are downtown. I’m sure there are others that are slipping my mind right now.

For take and grill, find a place that sells USDA Prime grade beef. Most retail shops only carry USDA Choice, which is still good, but especially if you like your meat south of medium you’ll notice a big difference in the quality. Most restaurants don’t serve Prime grade beef, either … only the really high end. Kowalski’s has it in the cites, and I’m sure a couple others do as well. I think I remember a post a while back saying that Dustin cuts it at Hy-Vee in Rochester?

BCNeal
    Bloomington, MN

Kincaid’s makes a pretty darn good steak too!

tbuaer66

Fogo de chao this place looks fun to try,anyone who has been here have a price range for this place,thier web site doesnt included the prices and i dont want to faint in front of my gf when i get the bill

S2000
    MN

I learned from one of the Applebaum boys the beauty of a New york Strip at the St. Paul Grill. The strip and the hashbrowns with a creme brulee for dessert.

Second is the filet at St. Elmo’s in Indy. Out with an old friend from high school and in walks our music idol Neil Young who was in town for a farm aid concert. We did a rendition of “Southern Man” for Neil and he bought us a drink. That was living! Oh, the steak rounded out the night.

Third, my best friend Ricky taught me how to grill a steak. He used to work at Charlie’s in downtown Minneapolis and has shared a secret or two. Give me a prime cut from Byerly’s and I’ll make your mouth water. The only reason it’s third is because I have to do the work!

neverhome
    Anoka county

For the money the house steak at erte in NE is very good. I do like a good grilled steak at home also

bigpike

Chicken Chasers, Fall Creek, Wis.
    Prime Rib= $10.50 comes with home made Potatoe salad and slaw
    Top rail cocktail= $1.75 (usually about a 50/50 mix), hope you like them strong because the booze ratio goes up from there..
    16 ounce Lienies Red= $1.00
    Sach the owner of 43 years= Priceless

Logan
    Big Lake, MN

You guys have to get out of the big cities some. Here are two for the southern MN people and I grew up in Crosby,MN by Brainerd.
    1) Kimbrae, MN (North of Worthington)
    2) Bergen, MN (Near the Windom/Jackson area)

The Prime Time Tavern in Huron, SD was great when Solva worked there.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.