Help please

• darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

My dog got skunked this morning and ran in the house. Is this going to be a problem for deer hunting? I am certain there is a hint of skunkon everything I own. Will this affect my hunting and what should I do?

Darin

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

If it’s on your hunting clothes, consider it a blessing.

If it’s on your couch. Well……you’re on your own.

col._klink
    St Paul

Nope that wont bother a deer nose. Maybe wash your clothes in a scent elimantor before you head out. But that is a natural scent they smell.

Sorry bout your pup. STINKY!

pahaarstad
    metro

You got to love the dogs . The skunk smell can be a good cover scent.

robby
    Quad Cities

Darin, just happened to my little mut a few weeks ago too. Believe it or not, even your wife will get used to the smell. LOL. Like we really have a choice. I washed the dog in a mixture of dishwashing detergent, baking soda, and hydrogen peroxide. It took two washings a couple days apart but that cut most of the smell. On a side note, I mix my own scent killer spray using 1/2 gal distilled water, two 16 oz boxes baking soda, and two 32oz bottles of peroxide. Mix until most of the baking soda is dissolved. Over the next week stir daily then pour into spray bottles. Works as well as the store bought stuff, even dries with the same light film. And after my rambling, no the skunk smell is not going to hurt your deer hunting. Good luck.

darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

Thanks all, I was hoping it might act like a cover scent, but wanted to make sure, as I figured it would be imposable to get rid of it in a couple of days.

Darin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.