Good Lord Its Warm

• vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Between the heat and the mosquitos, its been darn near unbearable. Makes me wonder if its worth it yet…

So, if in case I would happen to pin a deer in this weather, what do you guys do as far as hanging and processings concerned???

herefishyfishy
    MN

I would say rinse it out good with cold water and take it in or butcher it up immediately. Take no chances in this heat!!

herefishyfishy
    MN

I would say rinse it out good with cold water and take it in or butcher it up immediately. Take no chances in this heat!!

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

I have always flirted with buying a cheapy window AC unit and hanging it in the window of a small stroage shed or something but have never done it. Kinda my own little walk in cooler.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

I have always flirted with buying a cheapy window AC unit and hanging it in the window of a small stroage shed or something but have never done it. Kinda my own little walk in cooler.

big_dog_ia
    Omaha, Ne

large coolers, quarter the deer and soak in ice and water.

big_dog_ia
    Omaha, Ne

large coolers, quarter the deer and soak in ice and water.

herefishyfishy
    MN

Sounds like an interesting idea farmboy!! I bet that would work good

herefishyfishy
    MN

Sounds like an interesting idea farmboy!! I bet that would work good

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

In the 60’s I would get it too the locker within 24 to 36 hours. Ofcourse the lower the temp the longer you can go without processing it. I think letting it hang for 3 days with this heat and the meat would go bad pretty fast. When it gets down to around 30 to 35 during the day and freezing at night I’ll let mine hang for a week (in the shade like a garage). Below freezing and I’ll hang it up too 2 weeks to let it cure with no damage or spoiling. With temps in the 60’s and 70’s it dosen’t take long for meat to go bad and sour. Putting an air conditioner in a shed is a good idea, Id do it. I leave the hide on so the meat dosen’t dry out like the inside of the ribcage does at any temp.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

In the 60’s I would get it too the locker within 24 to 36 hours. Ofcourse the lower the temp the longer you can go without processing it. I think letting it hang for 3 days with this heat and the meat would go bad pretty fast. When it gets down to around 30 to 35 during the day and freezing at night I’ll let mine hang for a week (in the shade like a garage). Below freezing and I’ll hang it up too 2 weeks to let it cure with no damage or spoiling. With temps in the 60’s and 70’s it dosen’t take long for meat to go bad and sour. Putting an air conditioner in a shed is a good idea, Id do it. I leave the hide on so the meat dosen’t dry out like the inside of the ribcage does at any temp.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.