Deep Fried Fish

• CaptainMusky

I no longer buy shorelunch. Got sick of it after many years and the fish never got as crispy as I like. I now use Chef Roberts. You can find it in Coborns, Cash Wise and I believe some Walmart stores.
    I prefer to dip the fillets in egg prior to getting the batter.
    One other tip is to invest in one of those batter containers. I bought mine from Mills. Certainly make it a lot less messy.
    Regarding oil, I REALLY like the Cajun Injector oil which is a blend of cottonseed and sunflower (perhaps others). Canola oil works OK, but you really cannot reuse it and the temp at which is burns is much lower. I have been using this Cajun Injector for several years now on turkeys, fish, etc and it is fantastic.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i too have one of those batter containers and love it. i dont use it when i do fish for just me and ma then just an old bread bag, but more then that the batter container comes out.!!!!

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Haven’t seen it mentioned yet but I’m a big fan of chef Roberts lemon pepper batter. You can find it in most stores. I like it better than shorelunch but shorelunch is decent too

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Simple beer batter with flour, salt, pepper, and whatever ‘fish spice’ can be found.

Buddy just picked up a Fryin’ Saucer as well, so the deep frying experiments will begin anew!

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Crushed Salted Cashews,Pistachios,and Panko crumbs.
    White pepper and a pinch of cayenne.
    Flour-egg batter-canola oil

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.