Wigwam Resort July 2009 Specials

• wigwam
    Lake of the Woods, MN

July 2009 Specials

Midweek Specials (Sunday – Thursday) – We are offering right now at the Wigwam Resort on Lake of the Woods a couple sweet deals. First, we have dropped our price for lodging to $30/per person per night, which is a 33% savings. Secondly, we have an offer for lodging and a fishing launch trip that is out of this world! We are offering 1 night lodging and 1 day of fishing with our experienced guides, for the basement bottom price of just $100 per person. If you don’t have the big boat, or just don’t want the hassle of bringing your boat to Lake of the Woods, let us be your experienced guide.

Veterans and Armed Services Special – Being it is July, and we as Americans, celebrate our Independence Day on July 4th, we at the Wigwam Resort would like to extend a special offer to the people whom have and do keep us and our country safe. If you are a veteran or currently enlisted in the armed services, we at the Wigwam Resort will give you a 15% discount off of any fishing package (checkout our website for package prices at http://www.wigwamresortlow.com/). Must have proof of service or current armed services identification (Army, Marine, Navy, Air Force, USCG and the National Guard).

Summer Canadian Special – To all of our Canadian friends…if you’ve ever thought about trying Lake of the Woods, here is a deal you can’t refuse. From June 1, 2009 to August 31, 2009 Canadian money will be taken at par…so keep up on the exchange rate and take advantage of your discount now!!!! (With the current July exchange rate you would receive a 17% discount. Must have proper Canadian identification to redeem)

The Wigwam Resort provides a Daily Fishing Report, Catch of the Day, Blog and photos from our adventures on Lake of the Woods…check all this out on our website at http://www.wigwamresortlow.com. We want to keep everyone up on all the excitement! Let us show you our northern Minnesota hospitality…once we have you hooked, you won’t want to leave. Happy Fishing!!!!

All prices are subject to the State of Minnesota Sales Tax and Fees.

james_walleye
    rochester, mn

I just got mine today. What kind of dive curves are you guys seeing with the 12. Is it about 7 feet per color?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I just got mine today. What kind of dive curves are you guys seeing with the 12. Is it about 7 feet per color?

The dive curve per color is of course speed dependent but I feel confident counting on 7′ – 7.5′ per color at trolling speeds of 2.0 – 2.2 mph.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

James do you think the 18lb has the same curve or a bit less because of actual diameter being a bit larger.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

James do you think the 18lb has the same curve or a bit less because of actual diameter being a bit larger.

I’ve been told by those in the know with Sufix that the curves are the same. I’ve used both the 12 and 18 lb. and can’t tell any difference firsthand.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Thanks James!
    Last question,
    Do you see an issue using the Willis knot to attach 18lb 832 lead core or 832 advanced to 17 lb Floro leader? I bearied the floro 3″ into the lead core sheath.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Thanks James!
    Last question,
    Do you see an issue using the Willis knot to attach 18lb 832 lead core or 832 advanced to 17 lb Floro leader? I bearied the floro 3″ into the lead core sheath.

I don’t use the Willis knot personally but you can tie any knot you would normally use to knot braid to leader material. Once you slide some of the lead core out of the end of the outer covering what you’re left with is a section of 832 braid. Sky’s the limit with regards to knots. I’ve been using the Uni knot with great results.

http://www.fish4fun.com/Joining2Lines.htm

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Many thanks James!
    Where I have tied the Willis knot from my lead core to my leader, do you think I should use the Uni instead? I’ve never tied to lead core before.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Many thanks James!
    Where I have tied the Willis knot from my lead core to my leader, do you think I should use the Uni instead? I’ve never tied to lead core before.

I’m sure either knot will work sp use whatever you’re comfortable with. If you use the Uni knot, which has worked very well for me, you’ll need to slide out a couple inches of lead from inside the sheath and break it off. What’s left is basically 832 braid. You’re not including any lead filament in the knot.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Thanks.
    I’ll leave the Willis knot on one and tie the uni on the other. Time will tell maybe if one has any more of an issue than the other one, I guess.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.