1/2 & 5/8 Ounce Precision Jigs – From BFT

• herb
    6ft under

Had a feeling my name would be included in this thread.
    Just what I was looking for, BAN (bareass naked) H2O jig heads. You’ll be getting a call.
    Question-what does “unpainted only for a couple weeks” mean?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I think it means that in a couple weeks Dave will have painted jigs in addition to the unpainted jigs now available.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

I rarely touch a 3/8 head, let alone a 1/2. That doesn’t mean they’re not useful because I can be pretty stubborn and slow to change. Can you guys tell me what they’re good for besides jerking mini-saugers out of the slurry hole below the dam?

Maybe these would be really good for casting downriver and dragging back to the boat in heavy current?

bfishntackle
    Coralville,IA

This one’s for you HERB!

With the warm weather of late the river is going to rise. When it does you’re going to need a heavier jig to stay in control of your presentation.

The 1/2 & 5/8 ounce Precision Heads are in stock and available. Unpainted only for a couple weeks.

Click here for more information >>> 1/2 & 5/8 Ounce Precision Heads Available

herb
    6ft under

Just what I was looking for, BAN (bareass naked) H2O jig heads. You’ll be getting a call.

herb
    6ft under

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I think it means that in a couple weeks Dave will have painted jigs in addition to the unpainted jigs now available.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

John, come on down to this part of the river (7-9) during the spring and you will see why we need a heavier jig than the upper pools. The current down here gets to rockin’

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

On pool 4, those big jigs come in to play for me, not in a vertical situation, but when I am trying to target a deep water current break in high water situations. They will get you down fast and keep you in the strike zone from an anchored position .

It’s kind of like handlining with ringworms from an achored boat……..

john23
    St. Paul, MN

I rarely touch a 3/8 head, let alone a 1/2. That doesn’t mean they’re not useful because I can be pretty stubborn and slow to change. Can you guys tell me what they’re good for besides jerking mini-saugers out of the slurry hole below the dam?

Maybe these would be really good for casting downriver and dragging back to the boat in heavy current?

john23
    St. Paul, MN

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Pool 4 is nearly a completely different body of water compared to pools south. Most of the guys I run into around Prairie don’t fish anything LIGHTER than a 3/8ths. Herb would probably make good use of 3/4 ounce jigs if Dave would produce them.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Quote:

The pools further south are narrower [pool 4 has Lake Pepin also] plus have ALOT more water flowing at faster speeds compared to pool 4. In spring for example: all the flood water we have all along the river down to the further pools is flowing their way which makes for very fast current down there. The same will go for all year but at a lesser degree. Alot more current demands more lead to stay vertical so you can feel the fish.
    Thanks, Bill

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

John, come on down to this part of the river (7-9) during the spring and you will see why we need a heavier jig than the upper pools. The current down here gets to rockin’

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

On pool 4, those big jigs come in to play for me, not in a vertical situation, but when I am trying to target a deep water current break in high water situations. They will get you down fast and keep you in the strike zone from an anchored position .

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Pool 4 is nearly a completely different body of water compared to pools south. Most of the guys I run into around Prairie don’t fish anything LIGHTER than a 3/8ths. Herb would probably make good use of 3/4 ounce jigs if Dave would produce them.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Quote:

The pools further south are narrower [pool 4 has Lake Pepin also] plus have ALOT more water flowing at faster speeds compared to pool 4. In spring for example: all the flood water we have all along the river down to the further pools is flowing their way which makes for very fast current down there. The same will go for all year but at a lesser degree. Alot more current demands more lead to stay vertical so you can feel the fish.
    Thanks, Bill

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Quote:

Thanks, Bill

herb
    6ft under

Thes aren’t for snagging in the deep holes. Heavy jigs are standard equipment on this pool. I even have some 1 1/2 oz. jigs for certain situations but I really don’t care for the head design. Current flows around 50,000 to 60,000 have been the norm this winter and now it’s climbing higher. By next thursday it will be in the 75,000 range. And in a week or two when your water gets down here, it will be above 85,000 or more. Anything above 70,000 will take me off the river cause the fish are too scattered and our population of fish is just a fraction of what’s available in the pools farther north.
    If Dave happened onto a few 1 ouncers I could make use of them for sure. But I won’t ask him since I’d be the only one wanting them.

herb
    6ft under

Thes aren’t for snagging in the deep holes. Heavy jigs are standard equipment on this pool. I even have some 1 1/2 oz. jigs for certain situations but I really don’t care for the head design. Current flows around 50,000 to 60,000 have been the norm this winter and now it’s climbing higher. By next thursday it will be in the 75,000 range. And in a week or two when your water gets down here, it will be above 85,000 or more. Anything above 70,000 will take me off the river cause the fish are too scattered and our population of fish is just a fraction of what’s available in the pools farther north.
    If Dave happened onto a few 1 ouncers I could make use of them for sure. But I won’t ask him since I’d be the only one wanting them.

herb
    6ft under

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Thanks for the info, guys! Maybe my next order will include a few of these new ancho… I mean jigheads.

By the way, AMWatson, I’ve done pretty well on 8 and 9 with the lighter heads (I have family in LaX). The variety of successful walleye tactics out there never ceases to amaze me!

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I also use the lighter heads on 8 and 9 and do well. But like we all have said, there are times when a heavier jig head is nice to have on hand

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.