Daytona Beach area guide recommendations

• c_hof
    New Richmond, WI

My family has a trip scheduled to the Daytona Beach area in Florida in March. Anyone have any recommendations for a guide/charter in the area? There are plenty to choose from, but it’s hard to tell the good from the bad from looking at their websites.

I am open to type of fishing – inshore, offshore or shark. Looking for action more than anything. What is best at that time of year? I have never fished saltwater before.

Thanks

dk55403

Pole dancers Fishing Charter
    Family went out for a half a day and had gotten into some good action. He was very good with the kids who are 11 and 6. We went out with him last September (2019)

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I’ll be following along as we’re going to that area (New Smyrna Beach) in April. I’ll have at least an 8-year old with me, possibly the FW and a 6-year old, too. waytogo

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Fred with Fishing-guy.com. Been a number of years since Ive fished with him. He put me on some huge redfish. At that time he focused mainly on throphy fish. Told me right away if I was looking for fish to eat he had another guy that could take me out. He is easy to find on Facebook.

Crittergitter fleet is another popular charter boat service in that area.

mojogunter

I used On the hook charters last year and had a really good time. They put us on fish all morning. Corey Simmons 386-631-8030

c_hof
    New Richmond, WI

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I’ll check them out and let you know what I end up doing.

Any body else with recommendations, I would still like to hear.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’ll be following along as we’re going to that area (New Smyrna Beach) in April. I’ll have at least an 8-year old with me, possibly the FW and a 6-year old, too. waytogo

Where floridaians go! Man I miss that area, it’s a gem. But you are the second tourist I know that is going there this year, the word must be getting out! Don’t forget to check out Canaveral National Seashore. The beach is less busy. Smyrna Dunes park is cool too. Say hi to the tortoises for me. If you love nature, drive down to Titusville and check out Merritt Island National Refuge.

Lastly, off the beer thread, try a Tomoka Hazy Sunshine when you are down here.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Almost forgot the tree top bar is cool. But a must go is JBs Fish Camp. That place is cool.

jwellsy

Where floridaians go! Man I miss that area, it’s a gem. But you are the second tourist I know that is going there this year, the word must be getting out! Don’t forget to check out Canaveral National Seashore. The beach is less busy. Smyrna Dunes park is cool too. Say hi to the tortoises for me. If you love nature, drive down to Titusville and check out Merritt Island National Refuge.

Is that still bathing suit optional? moon

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Never went, but yes apparently Playalinda beach on Merritt island is bathing suit optional.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I used On the hook charters last year and had a really good time. They put us on fish all morning. Corey Simmons 386-631-8030

I just booked an early April trip with Capt. Corey. The FW and I are bringing the kids along. Our 8-year old is obsessed with sharks right now, so we’re doing a shark trip (and they don’t even know we have a trip planned, so this’ll be fun). waytogo

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Never went, but yes apparently Playalinda beach on Merritt island is bathing suit optional.

Sounds like my kinda place. waytogo rotflol

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Mine too! I mean Merritt Island. I’ve never been to a nude beach, but when I talk to people who have, they say it’s not what you expect and not who you’d like to see.

This is a good time of year to bring a pole while touring Merritt island. The little ponds and canals along the road will hold fish, especially juvenile tarpon for your bucket list.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

especially juvenile tarpon for your bucket list.

Checked that one off in Puerto Rico.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I was talking about my bucket lol. I need a damn boat!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.