David Fongs Bloomington

• Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

No better Chinese food anywhere In MN.

Seriously!

And if you order your food there, wait at the bar, it’s dang near as good people watchin as there is at the state fair.

Nodakk

Been going there for 15 years or so. Absolutely love that place

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

No better Chinese food anywhere In MN.

Seriously!

And if you order your food there, wait at the bar, it’s dang near as good people watchin as there is at the state fair.

Have you been to Grand Szechuan? Authentic Szechuan food and amazing!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Better then panda express ? Come on, is that possible rotflol

404 ERROR
    MN

So I just recently left my job that was literally 2 blocks from there….when I did a pro/con list….Fongs was at the very top…

I will give a nod to Grand Szechuan as well, very good food.

98 pounds does not get my vote…

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

ive never been to either David Fongs or Grand Szechuan but i do like me some good asian food. Its a far drive for me but i may go give it a try. the photos online look good. Aside from sushi, there isnt crap for good asian food ive found in the west metro

ThunderLund78

So I just recently left my job that was literally 2 blocks from there….when I did a pro/con list….Fongs was at the very top…

I will give a nod to Grand Szechuan as well, very good food.

98 pounds does not get my vote…

Fongs is Top Notch!

But come on!!! you don’t like strapping on the feed bag at 98 pounds buffet? Sometimes you just want as much sesame chicken and jell-o sqaures as you can possibly eat! jester

Reef W

Aside from sushi, there isnt crap for good asian food ive found in the west metro

Wok in the Park and Lat14 are both pretty good but are mostly fusion places.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I miss David Fongs. When I lived in the metro we ate there fairly often. Next time I get to the metro I will have to stop in there for sure.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’ve never been to David Fongs, but will check it out. Any dish recommendations? Any other Chinese restaurant recommendations in the SW Metro? I’m not a fan of the ones in Chaska, so we usually go Thai in Chanhassen.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’ve never been to David Fongs, but will check it out. Any dish recommendations? Any other Chinese restaurant recommendations in the SW Metro? I’m not a fan of the ones in Chaska, so we usually go Thai in Chanhassen.

If you like beef and spicy I’d try the Kung bo beef. It is rather spicy though. I think you can chose how spicy you want it. Error on the lower side. Their spicy food is really spicy. If you are more of a chicken fan I like the Moo goo gai pan

404 ERROR
    MN

Good ole Chow Mein is fantastic. Not the noodle type either…Celery, onion and ground pork!

But come on!!! you don’t like strapping on the feed bag at 98 pounds buffet?

I used to go there back when MN Gun Talk had lunch meetups. Never really a fan but it wasn’t the worst.

ThunderLund78

Just givin you crap, Merican ) I do like 98 lbs buffet, but buffets are not for everyone. I feel like I gain about 98 lbs every time I go there. Probably where they get their name!

I also work very close to Fong’s and a lot of these other places. This thread made me want to go there for lunch, but then a work issue came up cutting my lunch hour in-half. So instead I settled for Panda Express which is right across the street. Feeling VERY unsatisfied right now. It’s fine but it was no Fong’s

luttes
    Maplewood/WBL

I grew up just down the road from Fong’s. Lots of friends growing up got their first job there. Wonder what will happen to the building… Probably tear it down and build more high rise apartments…

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Shuang Changs and Legendary Spice in Mpls are authentic and good. Rose Garden in Coon Rapids is good too, just make sure you ask for the Asian menu and not the one for white folks.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Isn’t there another location besides the one in Bloomington? I thought there was one in Savage, MN too.

ThunderLund78

There’s a Fongs in Savage. It’s just called “Fongs” without the David, but I do believe it’s the same.

FinickyFish

Guess I’ll need to go here pretty soon to see what all the hubbub is about.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Guess I’ll need to go here pretty soon to see what all the hubbub is about.

x2 lol

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.